PDA

View Full Version : how much would it cost to install.....

BIGSAL's 87 AccordLX
08-11-2002, 01:16 PM
anyone know how much it would cost to install 88 Manuel Tranny into 87 Auto. to like do a switch on tranny's:flame:

Jims 86LXI HB
08-11-2002, 06:43 PM
Give these guys a call, they aren't to far from you. And neither am I for that matter, I live near modesto/turlock.

http://www.openloopmotorsports.com

Here's a link to justanothermike, be know's the guys at the shop real well, you can pm him and I'm sure he can talk to the owners of the shop.

http://www.3geez.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=63

what body style do you drive, sedan or hatch?

BIGSAL's 87 AccordLX
08-11-2002, 06:58 PM
:super: i drive sedan lx fo sho no hatchback's here lol anyway yeah its 87 accord LX 4dr Sedan Auto but i got this maneul tranny for $200 wanted to know how much it woudl cost for installation

YK86
08-11-2002, 11:24 PM
If you can find someone willing to do it, it will cost quite a bit. I had quotes for about $1000-$1500 just for labour. Unless you have a good mechanic friend, doing it yourself is the only economical way. If not, it might be better to just sell and buy a 5 speed.

jteuton
08-12-2002, 09:35 AM
the work is pretty straighforward its not hard at all. Hardest part was seperating ball joints. Pulling out the auto by yourself can be pretty intimidating. The pedals aren't too friendly either. You have to drop the whole steering rack to change. You also have to drop the exhaust to get shift rods in. I'm just trying to give you a good idea whats involved. I think it could be done in a good weekend by yourself and if you have all your parts already. Don't rely on nobody to express ship anything.....still waiting on my lightweight flywheel

markmdz89hatch
08-12-2002, 11:25 AM
hey wait a minute, i thought that Mike and Darryl own OpenLoop, but I could be wrong.

anyway, 88lxi68 already did this auto->5 spd. conversion on his 88 lxi coupe. I think he did it himself. He could be a good source of info.

jteuton
08-12-2002, 01:04 PM
no....they got in trouble for posting swap pics awhile back because of the owner so i know they work/participate in everything but are not in full ownership. Anyway...your right 88lxi68 knows his shit and showed me a few pics that helped me out.

BIGSAL's 87 AccordLX
08-12-2002, 11:07 PM
:flame: can you tell me 88lxi68 email and if u could send me some pic's for it thanks i might have to do it myself i dont have $1500 to get it done professionally lol :flame: