PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

Shirako
07-19-2005, 05:24 PM
My 87 DX just keeps breaking down and this last time was the last straw, i'm going to look at a 87 Accord LXi thursday, but it needs a master cylinder and some transmission work, its an automatic and he says it doesn't like to go into the next gear or something like that, is it even worth it to try and move the parts from my current car to the new one? I wouldn't be able to do it myself and would have to pay a mechanic, plus I was planning to give my old car to my g/f and her cousin could help her fix it since hes a mechanic of some sort, so is it really worth it or should I keep looking? i'v only got about $450 to work with, which is how much I borrowed to buy the LXi, but I was gonna try and talk him down to about $400... :mad:

Shirako
07-19-2005, 08:22 PM
The new car is 189k miles compared to the 135k on my current car... ;/

cubert
07-19-2005, 08:28 PM
id say no..all youre doing is going from one headache to another...at least with your current car you know whats been done and what it needs. Save up some more money...you cant get a decent car for 400 bucks anyway

Cheeseburger
07-19-2005, 08:32 PM
ya bro just save up some more

FyreDaug
07-20-2005, 07:31 AM
id say no..all youre doing is going from one headache to another...at least with your current car you know whats been done and what it needs. Save up some more money...you cant get a decent car for 400 bucks anyway

Not true, mine costed 500 (so its more, the argument is still relevant :D) and its gone 20000km without a problem, alt was shot when I bought it, but not a single problem since then. Body isnt the best, but I can fix that myself.