PDA

View Full Version : starter main realy?

87_HaTcH
07-19-2005, 06:08 PM
My car likes to not start sometimes, its will crank fine but not catch. Sometimes the engine jumps to higher rpms. I have been told that its could be the main relay for the starter but i would like a few other opinions. :uh:

AccordNut
07-20-2005, 08:59 AM
but you hear the starter crank everytime? sounds like its doing its job maybe its loose? try wiggling it and see if it moves, also make sure your connections to the starter are clean and on tight. What do you mean about high rpms? need more info on this

AZmike
07-20-2005, 09:40 AM
The main relay for the fuel pump may be the problem. It sounds like the starter is working fine.

87_HaTcH
07-20-2005, 11:21 AM
It cranks fine and the tach is showing that the rpms are going up to 4 or 5 thousand. Today when i tried stating it, it wouldn t fire but it would crank.

thanks for the help if you have any other input im listening....

Oldblueaccord
07-23-2005, 10:39 PM
It cranks fine and the tach is showing that the rpms are going up to 4 or 5 thousand. Today when i tried stating it, it wouldn t fire but it would crank.

thanks for the help if you have any other input im listening....

Himmm the tach never hardly reads when I start mine. 4-5 thousand rpms at cranking sounds like a distributor problem. Or you have the worlds fastest starter.

Need 2 things to go.... spark and fuel (really 3 they need to be in the correct time together)

wp

87_HaTcH
07-24-2005, 07:39 PM
A new distributer was put on the car no longer then 2000k ago.
Im guessing they put a new cap and wires. but ill check everything out tomorrow. peak around a bit :squint: