PDA

View Full Version : Found the secret garden of 3Geez

firelizard
07-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Woohoo! A site dedicated to 3Geez! Can't say I expected to find one but this place is great. I registered 'cuz I'm shopping for a car (my first) and 2 3geez popped up in my price range. They're both EXi, one 87, one 89. The 87 is asking $2200 (235 k) and the 89 is asking $2500 (290 k). I'm not a mechanic and I've got 0 experience working on cars, but ironically enough, that's exactly what is my passion, tuning cars, silly ain't it. 3rd gen Accords are lookin' good right now (the ones that aren't falling apart) and I'm thinking that having one would make a nice commuter/project car. How are they to work on? I know there isn't much aftermarket support but is it much trouble working on them? The A20A3 doesn't look too complicated, although I'm a bit wary of the A20A1 because it's carbed and I know less about carb tuning imports than I do EFI tuned cars, since I never see anything about them. Of course that doesn't mean I'd rule one out. I don't even know which engines are in the cars and I don't really care as long as they're reliable, which I've heard they are. Is that true? I've heard an A20 can even survive a busted timing belt! Anyways, I'm just looking for any thoughts of comments regarding how good a move it would be to pick one of these up as a first car for me to work on a lil' bit (don't worry, you won't have to deal with another :rice: I've got good taste :rolleyes: )

Nice to meet ya

Cheeseburger
07-19-2005, 09:18 PM
welcome bro, this place is a really cool place to get info on the 3rd gen accord.

A20A1
07-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Yup the A20A1 can be one fussy cookie to bake.

88accordhb
07-19-2005, 10:17 PM
welcome man, you'll see me alot, i'm a postwhore.

firelizard
07-19-2005, 10:29 PM
welcome man, you'll see me alot, i'm a postwhore.
I noticed :lol:

Cheeseburger
07-19-2005, 10:30 PM
ya hes like the corner hocker in this web site lol. every one has had a turn with him lol..im j/k bor lol

Hash_man_Se_i
07-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Welcome... another fellow canadian... yaay

Sounds like you've done your homework... IMO personally depending on the condition of those cars, I would go for the 89... the slight differences make it a more desireable base in my book. Either way you should be happy.