PDA

View Full Version : repair vinyl around windows?

AccordNut
07-20-2005, 05:40 AM
ive got some major sun damage on the vinyl parts right next to the windows in my car, mainly the back ones. It looks black and in some areas completely deteriorated so that you can see the padding underneath. Is there a place i can order new pieces or maybe a way i can fix it myself?

snow_man_20
07-20-2005, 05:47 AM
i think every one has this problem, i just have it on the back window. Every time i wash it i peel a little bit off and soon all of it will be gone leaving the crome rim. That's ok for me i think it will look good that way. As for fixing it i have no idea.

mike

frantik
07-25-2005, 03:11 AM
yeah i think it looks better with the bare metal myself.. i took a razor blade to it and cleaned up the edges on the top and bottom of the back window. the sides of the backwindow are slowly going so eventually it'll all be crome... can you get replacement ones? i imagine it's a pain in the ass replacing it though

AccordNut
07-25-2005, 01:20 PM
actually i was talking about the interior, not the metal plating around the windows. i already touched those up with some black paint. im talking about the vinyl interior right next to the inside of the window

mr eff
07-25-2005, 08:44 PM
as far as i know, they are panels so you could remove them and swap with newer pieces. my car was under arizona sun for many years and armorall helped protect it. the material gets addicted though, so if you stop armorall'ng it, the vinyl will actually wear more quickly.

i guess the answer to your question would be, find a junkyard car whose interoir matches yours and use that to swap.