PDA

View Full Version : Polyurethane mount

FyreDaug
07-20-2005, 08:08 AM
I pulled the front mount from the parts car today, its in good shape. I want to fill it with polyurethane to make it stiffer, what exactly is done to do this? Just get the filler, let it harden and reinsert? It cant be that simple is it? What about prepping the mount to make it stay? Do I just fill the outside crack so it doesnt move anymore?

Rendon LX-i
07-20-2005, 09:40 AM
3m window weld man. have fun

FyreDaug
07-20-2005, 09:59 AM
So you fill the inside by making a hole? Not the outside?

Where do I get window weld? I checked canadian tire, home depot and rona and they dont have it nor have they heard of it

FyreDaug
07-20-2005, 05:14 PM
And by pop it what do you mean? I put a hole in it and got some oil out, but its not all coming out, im having trouble getting the rest out right now. I drilled into the rubber, which I probably wasnt supposed to do, ah well, this one is pretty much a test. I still have mine in my car.

What am I doing wrong?

FyreDaug
07-21-2005, 12:12 AM
I can still hear it swooshing around, I got maybe 50% of it out. I donno, I guess I'll try in the morning...

Strugglebucket
07-21-2005, 11:15 PM
suck it out with a straw. i bet it tastes like peach schnapps.

FyreDaug
07-22-2005, 09:04 AM
I already tried that, it was workign for a while then I got dizzy and fell down. I had to get stitches on my head because of the way I fell, theres still oil in it and I dont think it tasted like peach schnapps, but I could be wrong. I'll go try it again.