PDA

View Full Version : Clutch raises idle

mag_pbg
07-20-2005, 11:44 AM
I know there are a million and one threads about high idle, but after searching I couldn't find anything quite like my problem. I swapped a 5 speed inyo my my car and it starts fine but as soon as I put in the clutch the rpms jump to over 3k, when I had my auto the highest they would go was pro. 1.5k so what do you think could be the problem¿ I was thinking it could be the netrual switch that I tied together from the auto gear shifter, tell the computer that it is still in netrual.

shepherd79
07-20-2005, 03:07 PM
here is what you should do.
go to junk yard and get yourself black box from manual car. i had simular problem and it fixed on my car.
i also swaped ECU to go with that black box.

mag_pbg
07-20-2005, 07:30 PM
I allready switched ECU's, I have a parts car in the back I guess I will go and pull the black box off of it. It would be better to know what sensor I need cuase I don't have a black box on my car right now and my Mallor ignition is where it used to be. Doesn't the auto have a sensor that deals with idle for auto's¿

shepherd79
07-21-2005, 04:35 AM
yes it does. that is why you need to replace the whole box.
since you don't have the black box on your car right now, i can't help you with your problem. the idle somehome ties into emission crap. so you can put it back on the car or leave it out and try to find some other way.

mag_pbg
07-21-2005, 06:48 AM
I fixed her, I looked at all the sensors that were in the auto black box and then looked at the ones inthe manual one, I found one that didn't match up so I hooked it up and it dropped the idle down to around 2k, after that I just adjusted the fast idle vavle and now when it is cold it stays steady at about 1.5k

NitroNeonRT
07-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Would you mind telling me what sensor it was? Will a carb car have the sensor? I got my swap from a carb car and I have efi