PDA

View Full Version : Colorado accord car club

superaccord
07-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Hey, I have been thinking about this for a long time now. I used to be part of a car club and while it lasted I had a blast. It pretty much just started out a few of us in this small town that had the same interests in cars and we put a particular sticker on our cars just so everyone in the town would associate us all together. So, I was thinking that maybe we could do something similar in Colorado. You know a kind of thing were people can get to know more people and possibly build a tight group of friends. Create like a team that would travel to all the shows and events together. If anyone is interested just let me know.l

PikesPeak3G
07-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Hey, I have been thinking about this for a long time now. I used to be part of a car club and while it lasted I had a blast. It pretty much just started out a few of us in this small town that had the same interests in cars and we put a particular sticker on our cars just so everyone in the town would associate us all together. So, I was thinking that maybe we could do something similar in Colorado. You know a kind of thing were people can get to know more people and possibly build a tight group of friends. Create like a team that would travel to all the shows and events together. If anyone is interested just let me know.l
Id be intrested, It was the same for me in NY. Lots of fun and good friends. :rockon: Im in the Springs by the way.

superaccord
07-20-2005, 03:33 PM
cool. I live in Arvada. My GF lives in the springs for the summer. So we should gather the people that are interested and meet and talk about it.

PikesPeak3G
07-20-2005, 06:02 PM
cool. I live in Arvada. My GF lives in the springs for the summer. So we should gather the people that are interested and meet and talk about it.
If you get a chance check out meets and locations. A couple of us have been planning somthing towards the end of July. If you jump in on that thread, I believe its "Official CO Meet" Im sure they'll see it.

bullard123
07-20-2005, 07:07 PM
That sounds good. It will be a good way to represent these old accords.

halxi
07-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Im interested, maybe we can get a custom "3geez Colorado" sticker made, maybe just the traditional 3geez sticker, with the 86-89 accord performance under it on a colorado licenseplate sticker backdrop? i dunno, just a thought. Ill think of something, maybe replace the 86-89 accord performance with colorado?

superaccord
07-21-2005, 05:19 PM
yes...so, that is 3 so far. That sounds good. But keep in mind it could be any year of accord so possibly a new name... Or we could just narrow it down....These are things we have to talk about.

halxi
07-21-2005, 07:10 PM
We could do all accords, but some of the guys with newer vehicles are assholes, im sure you know what i mean. Sayin stuff like "That 88 Peice of shit, why would i want THAT in my club?" so thats also something we gotta look out for, the sour apples lol.

Just a few names if we do that, i havent put much thought into it but maybe
Rocky Mountain Accords
or
CO Accords
Colorado Accords

who knows.

racerx
07-21-2005, 08:03 PM
yeah i hear ya about that.
well, here's my idea for a small (4" x 1") sticker, for the rear quarter windows.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/academyracer/oldschool.jpg

i know it's not a simple decal, but it'd be original, and then we wouldn't have to worry about color matching to everyone's paint job. just an idea. i made the pic in like 2 minutes so it's not a finished project. lol.
maybe an oval shaped sticker with a black border to frame it better.

halxi
07-21-2005, 10:17 PM
What are some of the honda tuning sites that would feature accords?

i dont know if they all exist but i have the following:
www.accordcentral.com
www.hondatuning.com
www.3geez.com (duh)

any others? i thought of jtuned, but there arent really any accords. Same with JDM Civic...

tried the links, neither accord central or honda tuning work... hmmm... shit

PikesPeak3G
07-21-2005, 10:27 PM
I kinda like the idea of it being open to other year Honda's. Lot more people, ideas, and experiance in different subjects to learn from. Superaccord brought an idea we all like so it will be our club. Thats why there wont be any "we dont want an 88 in our club". They can take that somwhere else. Does that kinda make sense? If their cool people cool, if not...see ya! know what I mean. Just trying to be open minded.

halxi
07-21-2005, 10:33 PM
yep

heres my little logo i just whipped up, i think a silver text (like the 3geez sticker) will go with pretty much any color, and the honda logo would probably be silver too.

http://www.4x4wh.com/forums/uploads/post-5-1122013915.jpg

superaccord
07-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Yea. When I had my car club back home there were lots of haters, so all the members were pretty much screened. Oh and I'm not really interested in having a bunch of Ricey gay cars with altezzas and big aluminum spoilers in the club. It just looks bad. :rice: Although I am interested in noobies that want to build there car right. I dont know about you guys. But thats just my opinion.I like all the names you have come up w/ so far. I can't wait to get this rolling. all of us here on this post so far need to organize a meet and talk about this Team we are trying to put together, even if its just a couple of us we can still start it and let it gradually grow. So, lets see so far we have:

Superaccord
Pikespeak3G
Bullard123
Halxi
Racerx

racerx
07-22-2005, 06:05 PM
i like the ideas too. let's get some more decal/sticker ideas up so we can vote, or just decide on one, eh?

i'm not too keen on the decal idea though. i mean, everyone has a little (or sometimes big) white decal with a website, or team name in their quater window. i just don't wanna be typical, because i hardly believe anyone here is typical.

i think it's already agreed that things like 19" aluminum wings, unsponsored name-brand decals, and altezza's are out of the question, so already we're segregated from at least 80% of the "tuner" world, where that 80% buys most of their stuff from autozone and pepboys.
so anyway, i just think the white/gray/black decal letters are a little overused, imo.
A nice, sleek, quiet, yet original sticker would be a refreshing change.
just my $0.02

superaccord
07-22-2005, 06:24 PM
I agree w/ you racer. I think it should be something maybe the same color of the car, and we should put it on the rear window ontop of the brake light. I think that always looks clean.But it has to be something that we can all agree on. Cause I think we should have them all in the same spot.

halxi
07-22-2005, 07:06 PM
lol i hate to be the different one here, but i dont like stickers over the 3rd brake light, looks tacky IN MY OPINION. I was going to suggest what superaccord suggested, maybe the honda emblem in the traditional silver color, with color matched text? That wouldnt look too shabby in my opinion, maybe we could put the stickers in one of the corners on the rear window?

superaccord
07-22-2005, 08:05 PM
well, when is the meet? we can bring it up then and see how things go.

halxi
07-22-2005, 08:25 PM
the next meet ill be able to make would have to be a weekend the end of august, or next weekend. I should have all my struts, and my springs by then and i might have racer help me with those if he wants to

racerx
07-23-2005, 06:29 AM
yeah, let's see how everyone's schedule works out. does august 1st work? i'm gonna be camping the 29-31st this month.

also, nate, if you're free, i'm not working this wed, thurs, or fri, in case your stuff comes in. and i'm free next thurs and fri, too.
(boss has lost his marbles... "forgot" to schedule me....)

superaccord
07-23-2005, 09:33 AM
Hey. If you need help w/ you struts and springs I'm sure I'll be free. I can do that shit w/ you eyes closed.

PikesPeak3G
07-23-2005, 03:39 PM
I get off work at 3pm so any time after that on work days and Im off on Wed's and Thurs. looking forward to it.

superaccord
07-25-2005, 11:00 AM
okay so lets try and narrow a time down...Has to be on a Wed or a Thurs. So how about Aug. 3rd or 4th? Now what times are good for people. And where is a good place to meet that everyone can drive to...?

PikesPeak3G
07-25-2005, 05:34 PM
I can do anytime on those days, as to where? halix is the farthest North, 3 of us are in the Springs and your in the middle. Somwhere Denverish seems about fair to me at least. Actual locations? Im not familiar wwith the area up there. Are we gonna barbaque like last time or go out to eat? :alc:

racerx
07-25-2005, 09:01 PM
i can do any wednesday. the 4th wont work for me though (it's a thursday).
so the 3rd?

superaccord
07-26-2005, 09:35 AM
okay...So, we will shoot for the 3rd. of AUG. Spread the word to all the others. Now lets think of a place and time.

superaccord
07-30-2005, 09:38 AM
Any ideas on times and locations? It's comming up!

halxi
07-30-2005, 07:27 PM
I dont think ill have my car running correctly by then. Racer and i just got the tranny in and split, the check engine light is on, code 5 racer said. Im going to be looking that up here in a minute, and i also need to get my timing adjusted... its definatly f'd up. I MIGHT have weds off but im not sure. Ill have to go to work tomorrow and check my schedule.

superaccord
08-01-2005, 10:21 AM
So, the meet will prolly be postponed?!?!
Well, we can shoot for another date....Whatever works for everybody.

halxi
08-01-2005, 10:53 PM
i have weds. off, got my check engine light situation fixed... ill be at the meet :) :) :)

superaccord
08-02-2005, 07:03 AM
okay cool. I'll meet you at 120th and washington..how about around 10:45-11:00?

racerx
08-02-2005, 02:23 PM
120th & Washington? in denver, i assume?

Lemme know what the plan is!

superaccord
08-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Bring your colorado accord car club ideas.

halxi
08-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Matt, we are meeting at Red Robin on i-25 and Arapahoe, its on the West side of i-25 on the right side of arapahoe in the alberstons parking lot.

Superaccord and i both live further up north, so we are going to meet each other then cruise down to arapahoe and i-25 to meet everybody else there.

Everybody bring some money, since we wont be BBQ'n this time. Red Robin is just a meeting place, we can always eat somewhere else if we want to.

Edit: superaccord, ill be there around 10:45. My cell # is 720-951-2335 if you need to call me for any reason. 120th and washington in the parking lot between Krispy Kream and Panda Express at 10:45 correct?

superaccord
08-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Word!

racerx
08-02-2005, 03:29 PM
thanks man. alright, i'll be there at noon. see you guys then.

superaccord
08-05-2005, 02:30 PM
ok, now that the meet is over. Back to the car club idea. I just thought up a couple names. Dont laugh just throwing thoughts out there.LOL. I also found a place that does the static vinyl(inside the window) But they wont do only 8 or so. They will only do that in bulk cause the material is so expensive. So looks like we are stuck to vinyl on the outside of the windows.Unless someone finds something else. Here are some of the names I just randomly thought of.We could put "Team" or "Club" in front of any of them.
Version3
AccordNation
ImportNation
Underbudget
Shortchanged.
Any other ideas?

PikesPeak3G
08-05-2005, 02:50 PM
ok, now that the meet is over. Back to the car club idea. I just thought up a couple names. Dont laugh just throwing thoughts out there.LOL. I also found a place that does the static vinyl(inside the window) But they wont do only 8 or so. They will only do that in bulk cause the material is so expensive. So looks like we are stuck to vinyl on the outside of the windows.Unless someone finds something else. Here are some of the names I just randomly thought of.We could put "Team" or "Club" in front of any of them.
Version3
AccordNation
ImportNation
Underbudget
Shortchanged.
Any other ideas?
Team Underbudget! :bowrofl: OMG,Rollin :rofl: so funny but so so true :sad2:

superaccord
08-05-2005, 03:00 PM
lol...Yea...I thought so...I kindof like version3.

PikesPeak3G
08-05-2005, 03:01 PM
H Performance Team, UnderDog H Team, H Techniques, H Tech Racing, Harder Than Normal To Soup Up Club :uh: , just throwing stuff out there.

superaccord
08-05-2005, 03:58 PM
one Question....What is the significance of the "H" .

PikesPeak3G
08-05-2005, 06:25 PM
it would be the honda emblem h

halxi
08-05-2005, 09:46 PM
I like Version3 as well, but again, that limits who can join our club to a very small margin.

(btw: today at work i met a guy thats driving a 2.25" dropped white 4door DX with se-i rims, he says hes a member here but ive NEVER seen him post, nor did i catch what his name was here. If it was YOU, and your reading this... POST UP... id like to know im not the only 3g'er in brighton :lol: i work at ace hardware btw...)

superaccord
08-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Actually I dont think that Version3 limits it at all...It's just an origin of where the name came from. The name doesn't have to go directly w/ the car in the club. Say it's a fifth gen civic, and he is a member of "Team Version3" Makes sense right? Or did I drink too much last night???!!! :dunno:

PikesPeak3G
08-06-2005, 01:47 PM
I think Version3 sounds tight. looks good too

halxi
08-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Yea, that does make sense.

I dont think we should put Team or Club or anything with it though. Just the version3 by itself.

Or maybe V3rvsion3?

superaccord
08-06-2005, 04:35 PM
oohh I like that...

Shaggsbud
08-06-2005, 04:40 PM
count me in once you get everything worked out...I am gonna try and balance out going to college, work and somewhat having a social life :P

PikesPeak3G
08-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Whats up man :welcome: Ya baby another carbed 4 door! You fuel injected coupe bullies are through now, :devil: :rockon:

Shaggsbud
08-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Ya baby another carbed 4 door! You fuel injected coupe bullies are through now, :devil: :rockon:

lol, actually both the accords I've owned were carbed...Can't seem to keep a f/i vehicle...

halxi
08-06-2005, 07:28 PM
thats a shame, we are just so much faster then your slow ass carb'd 4doors :lol: j/k

PikesPeak3G
08-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Its all good I have some special stuff going on now. Not even your JDM corner lights will help you against my 4 doors of doom :nervous:

halxi
08-06-2005, 07:47 PM
dont be hatin the JDM fewl! or you will be smight...ed

Shaggsbud
08-06-2005, 08:01 PM
I think I'm gonna attempt a supercharged carbed accord...I'll definitely be making enough money to do so...(once I graduate that is :P)

PikesPeak3G
08-06-2005, 08:05 PM
whats smight..ed? :dunno: :kekeke:

Shaggsbud
08-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Smighted, or smoted, smote...smoting...striking someone down with righteous force :P Tis fun I tell you!

PikesPeak3G
08-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Ahh I see! I just read about your kill against the civic nice job.If halix tries to race one its :violin: for him :bowrofl: JK

superaccord
08-07-2005, 12:25 PM
lol...You guys kill me. So, have we decided on V3rsion3?

PikesPeak3G
08-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Yea, that does make sense.

I dont think we should put Team or Club or anything with it though. Just the version3 by itself.

Or maybe V3rvsion3?
Halix spelled it V3rvsion3, V3ersion3, did you guys mean to use the 3 as an E cuz that would make V3rsion3?

superaccord
08-07-2005, 04:47 PM
V3rsion3, Is what I meant! i like it...What about everyone else?

PikesPeak3G
08-07-2005, 04:51 PM
my votes for the first one

superaccord
08-07-2005, 04:55 PM
I Like V3rsion3.

halxi
08-07-2005, 05:42 PM
V3rsion3 or Version3, doesnt matter to me...

V3r2i0n3? every other letter a number? looks gay though

I say we stick with V3rsion3 or Version3... yea

Shaggsbud
08-07-2005, 06:01 PM
I like the use of teh 3 as a letter...but thats cause I'm a computer nerd and used to talk 1337 :P

PikesPeak3G
08-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Now we need Racer's vote.

racerx
08-07-2005, 09:48 PM
underbudget, shortchanged, LMAO!!!! :rofl:

I really like Version3, or V3rsion3. either one. although, the second does kind of over-do the number 3, doncha think? so yeah, Version3. looks awesome, sounds... surprisingly awesome!

btw, sorry i haven't been on a few days. i went to breckenridge to work. apparently they do driver's ed courses up at summit high school too... bunch of crazy kids. not enough air. lol

superaccord
08-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Now someone with Photoshop needs to try and come up w/ a design. I would if I could but I cant so I wont.LOL

Shaggsbud
08-08-2005, 10:44 AM
I'll give it a shot and see what I can come up with...can't promise anything though :P

I also have to re-dl photoshop :( so it'll be a while...

Shaggsbud
08-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Quick little something to get started with...I'll take any suggestions, I wanted to put a blackout of an accord underneath it all or something...

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2271/version30gs.th.jpg (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=version30gs.jpg)

I started with a 7" by 3"...if that seems too small, I can go with something bigger...

halxi
08-08-2005, 06:29 PM
... it cant say "accord" in it lol, i think just Version3 in some italic comic san lettering or something would be sufficient. What does everybody else thing? Like superaccord said at the meet, we need something noticeable if youre looking for it. But not noticable like PikesPeak was talking, where if 1 of us screws up the news/cops say "look for a vehicle with Version3 window sticker!"

that would suck

superaccord
08-08-2005, 07:49 PM
hey everyone send me a pm with your emails, and I will send you my ideas of what I think the stickers should look like.

Shaggsbud
08-08-2005, 08:18 PM
So leaning more towards utter simplicity?
*edited it again...*

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/143/version3rev21eo.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

superaccord
08-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Here are my ideas...Finally got them to .jpg...I'll see if this works...Let me know if you like any of them!? I was thinking that these would look good under the mirrors on the doors, or on some window somewhere.http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.php?u=24259IRecI&i=172644

Deadhead
08-10-2005, 01:03 PM
I really like the Bank Gothic.... that's not to out there, and it's easy to read

PikesPeak3G
08-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Here are my ideas...Finally got them to .jpg...I'll see if this works...Let me know if you like any of them!? I was thinking that these would look good under the mirrors on the doors, or on some window somewhere.http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.php?u=24259IRecI&i=172644
I like the copperplate bold, the shindler one, they look classy and easy to read. It dosent say kids with loud mufflers all over it, kind of professional looking. PS you V3'ers I scored an SE-i armrest in the yard today. Its in good shape with the power ant switch still there. Its burgandy, I dont need one so since I dont have to ship it anyone who wants it can have it for 15 bucks.

Shaggsbud
08-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Mmm, bank gothic....looks really kewl..that one gets my vote

halxi
08-10-2005, 02:40 PM
i like one of these:

Bank Gothic
20th Century
Eras Demi ITC
and the one below that, i think it says Freshbor?

I think we should decide on 4 or 5 then have a poll on which one we should cut out. I also think we should go with Black or White text. Black for the lighter cars (racers prelude, superaccords car, my car maybe) and white for the darker cars (like deadheads hatch, since its black... black on black stickers bug the hell out of me) if we are going to be putting them on the body, or just black for everyone if they are going on the windows. Should we do 1 on each side, or 1 on the front or rear window?

superaccord
08-10-2005, 02:41 PM
I like....Bank gothic too, but to me it looks unoriginal, like everyone uses that...But I like it...I also like Copperplate the most I think cause it seems kinda jdmish.I also think the Freshbot would look good under the side mirrors. Schindler I think would be cool on the upper rear window. Ahh geesh I dont know...I like them all...lol thats why I picked them...you guys fight over it lol...

If we put them on a window I think we should keep them close to the color of the car... if we put them on the car I think we could really do any color..Chrome would be cool...lol..Just ONE if it's on eht back window, and two if it's on the sides(one for each identicle side).

PikesPeak3G
08-10-2005, 02:47 PM
well so far bank gothic has like 3 or 4 votes

superaccord
08-10-2005, 02:49 PM
can we put a poll on this thread? with all of them? I dont think you can without starting a new thread.

PikesPeak3G
08-10-2005, 02:50 PM
can we put a poll on this thread? with all of them?
Thats a great idea actually

superaccord
08-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Here's your poll!Go vote your little hearts out...
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?p=540624#post540624

I said go vot ya'll! geesh! :stick:
Just kidding...Take your time kids. Make right decision okay.

PikesPeak3G
08-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Here's your poll!Go vote your little hearts out...
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?p=540624#post540624

I said go vot ya'll! geesh! :stick:
Just kidding...Take your time kids. Make right decision okay.
All done there you go :)

superaccord
08-10-2005, 07:00 PM
So, where does every one want to put the sticker? I really think that somewhere on the back window would be clean. Or I'm okay with the side windows. Plus, it's not like they are going to be huge.. 2x6 roughly but not much bigger/smaller.I'm not much of a fan about stickers on the body of the car...My $00.02. Even though it was my idea :dunno:

So, my vote is rear window, or rear quarter windows.

halxi
08-10-2005, 07:03 PM
on the door, very front, just below the center trim?? just an idea

if not, then i vote rear 1/4 window('s)

Shaggsbud
08-10-2005, 07:08 PM
that depends on the size....if its small enough, I'll put it on my rear doors little window...but if its too big for that, then I guess I'd go with rear window, or even tailgate if it sticks out good enough...hell, if it was made big enough for a windshield...I'd stick one on there :P

Deadhead
08-10-2005, 07:49 PM
well, seeing as i have a hatchback, i don't think that the sticker would show up very well without getting close enough to look down on my car. I vote the rear quarter panel.

superaccord
08-10-2005, 08:21 PM
oh you mean as if you had it on the rear window? So, your saying the rear wing windowS? right?

Deadhead
08-10-2005, 08:57 PM
uh yeah, lol, i didn't mean the rear quarter panel lol.... oops

halxi
08-10-2005, 08:58 PM
im saying the rear quarter window('s)

as in, do we want them on both sides, or just one?

deadhead, re-phrase your post lol. What does having a hatchback have anything to do with not being able to see a sticker? :bowrofl:

did you mean since its BLACK and the sticker will most likely be BLACK text, you wouldnt be able to see it? if so, that poses a problem as well... im going to be tinting my windows shortly =( (the rear 1, and back 2 on the sides are going to be 45%, the passenger/driver windows in the doors are going to be 35% along with the windshield outline. Should look nice) so i dont know how well the sticker will show up? Maybe a Metallic Gun Metal sticker? or Metallic Silver???

superaccord
08-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Why dont you get a sticker that is Maroon.

Deadhead
08-10-2005, 09:19 PM
I was thinking white like the 3geez.com sticker is. That would show up on everyone's. And by what i meant by not being able to see it is if we put it the rear window, which for me would be the hatch window. That would be hard to see because of the angle that the window is on the hatch.

halxi
08-10-2005, 09:23 PM
i see...

and you couldnt see the sticker on shaggsbud car if we put it on the body. His is white...

superaccord
08-10-2005, 09:25 PM
well, I'm not sure what colors we should put on our cars... but it sounds like the sticker is going on the 1/4 windows in the back...

Deadhead
08-10-2005, 09:34 PM
well, are we gonna have to vote on these also? i think i might mess aroung in photoshop for a while :D

superaccord
08-11-2005, 08:08 AM
Hey...who hasn't voted??