PDA

View Full Version : New member of the fam

AlteredReality3rdGen
08-11-2002, 04:28 PM
:pimp: whats crackin? well i bought an 88 honda accord lx, has 213k miles on it.. yeah its quite a few but apparently hondas never die, haha. im bout to start building an intake system and paintin the break lights. i was wondering what are some cheap mods i can do for right now? kinda low on the cash if ya know what i mean. balla on a budget, haha. i got rims and tint done. i wanna make it look all nice. i afriend of mine said something about dying my carpet and the carpet on my door pannels... does that really work? if so do you know a good brand of dye to buy? anyone have any other suggestions?
-Peace

Sabz5150
08-11-2002, 04:42 PM
Good engine upgrades are gonna need some cash. Since you're carbed, you may want to research a weber carb setup. After that, track down a set of headers and then look at upgrading your camshaft.

Your piggy bank will start sweating bullets.

Simple things start with an upgraded coil, and tuning that carb to the Nth.

-5150 :bandit:

87accordlx
08-11-2002, 04:43 PM
hello and welcome to the board, lots of info here for ya!
umm you have an LX model (same as me) so it's carbed, i heard that carbs don't like cold air as much as injectors do so i just flipped the carb air box lid, it apparently has the same effect as a intake on a injected car, as for other cheap mods try, just the basic tune up stuff, wires, plugs, cap, rotor, filters, find out when the timing belt was last changed also, our engines are interferance engines which means that the valves protrude into the combustion chamber so if the belt brakes there is a very real chance of bending your valves witch is a big $$$ job to fix, other than that read the FAQ at the top of the board main page, any other questions, PM me or send an email

;)

Mantis88LX
08-11-2002, 04:44 PM
were do u live?

welcome!

tk89acc
08-11-2002, 04:52 PM
welcome lot of usefull stuff on this board. Where in the south are you from?

Guyver007
08-11-2002, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the fam...

AlteredReality3rdGen
08-11-2002, 11:53 PM
:pimp: thanks for the welcomes... and im from Arkansas.
yep.. be shocked.. not all of us are country, heh. so far im very happy with the car, its been great, other than the clutch slippin every once n a while... but i got it fixed heh. im about to lower it, paint it and start workin on the interior.. its in extremely good condition, i just hate the brown. my dad is helpin me out a lot, he has been dragracing about as long as i have been a live, he races pro now... so its my turn.. he doesnt really know what to think about the euro scene though, he is more bout the american muscle. he says that an intake will work good on a carbed car because it will pull through more gas, but wont help on the gas mileage like it does other cars. he builds engines and is honda certified so maybe if you guys have any questions i can ask him, heh. the most help i need are ideas. i got his shop for parts, however money is still a problem =\. too bad im not spoiled, haha. its more fun if you work for it anyway.
holla
-Bear

A20A1
08-12-2002, 12:12 AM
Ask your dad what he thinks about converting the stock carburetor from a vacuum operated secondary, to a mechanicaly operated secondary.

I've devised the modification, but I only spent a few weeks with the carb before swaping to the weber 32/36.

Carbs are fun but I didn't have much of a baseline to start tuning the jets on the carb, so thats what I spend most of my days doing.

yeah well flip the lid and you'll gain more air flow, thats about the cheapest mod you can do.

Demon1024
08-27-2007, 07:05 PM
sprindale ,arkansas? nearby met up

forrest89sei
08-27-2007, 07:18 PM
sprindale ,arkansas? nearby met up

LOL this thread is from 2002 and that guy only made 2 posts and hasn't logged on since 2002

Reading dates is a important part of using a forum :D

Legend_master
08-27-2007, 07:22 PM
LOL this thread is from 2002 and that guy only made 2 posts and hasn't logged on since 2002

Reading dates is a important part of using a forum :D

:werd: :lol:

MessyHonda
08-28-2007, 12:18 AM
owned by like 5 years...lol

Demon1024
08-28-2007, 05:18 PM
opps, wasnt paying attention (obviously) just looking 4 someone nearby...

88_accord
09-05-2007, 08:18 PM
sound good...post up some pix sometimes...