PDA

View Full Version : normal?

b8er
07-21-2005, 12:17 AM
ok so a month ago i bought some strut bars off this guy in the states ( im in canada ) through ebay there for a 90-93 accord anyways i sent him the money via paypall and evreything was cool then a frickin month passes and still no strut bars ,so i email him asking whats up the next day he emails me saying he got the parcil shipped back to him syaing it was rejected and what should he do, so of course i told him to send them again but use a differnt shipping company since that last one didnt work, he then emails me today saying alright well we will try sending it again but you gotta send me more money to ship it a second time since it wasnt his fault, now this shocked me cause i never ever got anything at all saying i had a parcil waitng or anything of that sorts so i had no idea anything was waiting or being rejected so im kinda pissed now and i just wanna know if this guy is pulling shit on me or if its normal for somebody in my situation to have to pay for more for another shipping fee, thanx for any info guys i just wanna end this shit and dont wana deal with this guy anymore

gp02a0083
07-21-2005, 05:39 AM
scammed

alot of people are scammed on e bay
on my other fourm for oldsmobiles a member got jiped for a car that was claimed to be an 84' insted it was a 87' with 84' parts and the vin didnt match and all sorts of other stuff

be careful when buying stuff on e bay

FyreDaug
07-21-2005, 09:07 AM
Well it depends, how much is he saying you have to pay him again?

b8er
07-21-2005, 11:27 AM
he says just 30 bucks for the "re-shipping" charge

b8er
07-21-2005, 05:51 PM
does anybody think im getting scammed or is this normal or what, iv never had any problems shipping anything till now with this guy so im just trying to figure stuff out,

by the way i should mention that about 3 weeks into waiting i tried to track the parcil down the best i could but it wasnt a trackable piece but i didnt find out that it was shipping a day after he got the payment so i figure hes not scammin me but i dunno, any other opinions?

Blue Impact
07-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Ask for the name of the shipping company and the tracking number for the parcel and see what comes out of it otherwise it's a 50-50 chance being a scam. Good luck.

mr eff
07-21-2005, 10:43 PM
UPS paid the "re-shipping" on, ironically, strut bars that justin sent me. hope it works out in your favor. you might consider starting the negative feedback process and having ebay intervene to get you your cash back

3gn86lxi
07-21-2005, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't pay any more for shipping. If it ends up he didn't charge enough for the shipping...it's his fault. I sell on E-Bay, and I specify my shipping to Canada will be more......so I make sure I price it b4 I ship. So I would say that it is his loss, not yours. I have also bought a billet grill from someone in Canada, his shipping was $15, then it cost him twice that, he tried to the difference back from me, but he specifically priced the shipping at $15, and thats what he got. nothing more from me at all.

b8er
07-21-2005, 11:46 PM
alright thanx guys, iv sent the guy a few emails, we'll see what happenes from here

TheWatcher
07-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Ask for the name of the shipping company and the tracking number for the parcel and see what comes out of it otherwise it's a 50-50 chance being a scam. Good luck.
Word. If he shipped it, it is verifiable.

Ask for the tracking number and go to the shipper's website to view the tracking number info. The tracking information should include YOUR address as the shipping address, the DATE the package was received by the shipper, a detailed account of every location the package was moved to, and verification of attempt of delivery.

If the shipper attempted delivery, but you were not able to receive the package, it's your fault and you should pay the shipping and make sure to have it delivered to the closest shipping office for pick up, if you can't be home to receive the package. If there's no record of attempt for delivery, the person who shipped the package can get a refund, so there's no reason for you to pay for shipping twice. The main point is that it's all verifiable with the tracking number. If he's lying, and he never sent it, there will be no tracking number. Even if he sent it USPS, something as large as a strut bar would have to be sent Priority Mail. IIRC everything over 2 lbs. triggers Priority Mail. If he says he sent it somehow w/o a tracking number, I would say there is an extremely high probability that he's lying.

Even USPS Priority Mail has tracking numbers, as does UPS, Fedex, DHL, etc.

If he can't come up w/ the tracking number, then I would consider getting your money back. Just go to Resellerratings.com and you will see that it's common practice for unscrupulous sellers to stall to avoid chargebacks, and to rape people on the shipping. Just as an example, here in the 808, Toys N Joys is notorious on Resellerratings.com for charging people for UPS 2nd day, then sending it USPS ground, and pocketing the difference (they also don't answer calls for resolution until the BBB is contacted). Sometimes Toys N Joys charges the buyer and NEVER sends the product, sends damaged product, or sends only part of the order. All the while, they are stalling to avoid the period where credit card companies, banks, etc. can help the buyer get a chargeback. They are banking you will eventually just give up (and are laughing at you the whole time). I realize you bought from an individual, not a company, but the concept(s) is the same.

Better to just get your money back and avoid the nightmare.

Good luck. I hope you don't end up like Legend_Master and thegreatdane.

Peace.

b8er
07-22-2005, 11:12 PM
thanxs thats some good info, it should help

TheWatcher
07-23-2005, 09:15 AM
You're welcome.

Good luck! :) I hope everything works out in the end.

Peace.

b8er
07-24-2005, 12:30 AM
yea well, even with all the help iv decided to just cut the guy lose, i dont wanna deal with his pussyfooting and all the crap thats going on, he keeps saying i need to pay him the money "blah blah shit and more blah" so just incase anybody is wondering here is his name and info so you guys dont have to deal with him.

this is his email address and is how iv been talking to him :[email protected]

and this is his name that i got from paypal : Jas Huang

so thanx for all the help and everything but watch out for him