PDA

View Full Version : Project HUD

FyreDaug
07-21-2005, 11:10 AM
This wont be a typically HUD with digital and all that. What I want is to essentially face the guages up and throw alot of light through them and be able to see em during the day.

Ive been thinking about this alot lately, because I want my cluster to hold my keyboard for my carputer and HUD is pretty cool in general. I dont know how this will work out, or if it will work at all. But any ideas/help are welcome.

I'm thinking a blue backlight through the cluster would be my best bet. I like blue and it shows nice during the day.

w00tw00t111
07-21-2005, 11:15 AM
You might want to check out autometers Delphi system. You can get just the guages or you can get the guages w/ a controller that throws all of the information onto the bottom part of your windshield. I don't know if that's what you were talking about but if it's not then can you "re-explain" it? Oh btw is your carputer just a home-made comp that you put in the car or is it one of those professional made car comps?

FyreDaug
07-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Well its professionally made, I build and sell them professionally. Yes its a home computer, athlon 2500, 512 ddr, audigy 2zs (optical out) 2 200gb drives, 15" monitor and home theater amp (optical in, and 6.1 surround)