PDA

View Full Version : changing back door small glass on 89 lxi

thh420
07-21-2005, 12:40 PM
does anyone know of a how to for this i gota realllly (yes it needed all the l`s) nappy ragged out 89 lx-i at a auction and well the hoods just not there any more and i gotta replace the roof glass too now wasnt messed up before i went to pick the car up (it was a big dwi auction) is there a manual floating around on how to replace that and the sunroff with out having to monkey around with the motor on the sunroof? i love the car though. besides that my brother had one, and by god if he didint try to destroy that car. he couldnt he just did a dukes of hazzard with it and bent ( you have to see it to understand it ) the frame and disintgrated the control arms and the passenger side axle, but he still drove it for two days before it finally ran outta gas. hasnt been moved since. so i figgered get it it`s gonna will be a tank. thanks for reading my meandering and thanks for any help

POS carb
07-21-2005, 04:13 PM
ok the back door small glass just pops out, it's a pain in the ass to put back in but you don't need to unbolt anything

the sunoof, well I'd assume you'd have to remove the roofliner but not 100% sure, I'm going to leave this to the sunroof owners

EricW
07-21-2005, 06:35 PM
The sunroof glass is real easy. There are two trim pieces on each side of the glass that are held in by one screw (each) under a little piece of round plastic, remove the trim. Then you should see four 10mm nuts on both sides, remove them. Then push up on the glass and it will come out the top. There may be shims between the sunroof and the brackts be sure to keep track of where they go. Replace the glass in the reverse order.

If you need a sunroof glass i have one to sell.

thh420
07-29-2005, 09:56 AM
thanks but i got one thats surprisingly in perfect shape. i also got a side glass in perfect shape this one guy in the city closest to me said that he could get me a bronzed roof glass for like 120-150$ and its not just the stick on tint and he has a red colored glass for the roof too it looks trick as crap but im gonna try to get a better 3g this week from a mechanic who has 3 of em in his yard for like 3 years i might just have to pay the mech lien to get em i hope