PDA

View Full Version : Other A/C Compressors?

Robs89LXi
07-22-2005, 09:40 AM
My compressor is leaking, according to the shop I just took it to. From what I've searched here, there are no rebuild kit/parts avaialable for the Nippondenso compressor anymore (right?). So, I guess my only option is to replace the compressor. So:

1. Are there any other year Honda/Acura compressor that can be used directly with our cars?
2. If I could build a bracket to fit it, does it really matter what compressor is used? Does it matter if it came off a Cadillac, or a Hummer, or whatever?

Obviously, I know nil about A/C, so please excuse the ignorace.

Vinny
07-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Did they show you where it was leaking at or how they came to the conclusion it was leaking at the compressor?

You can get a rebuilt compressor off ebay fairly cheap. I bought one for the sedan and its still running fine a year later. Another route is local parts houses. If you have a khein compressor you can always swap the bracket over and put a denso compressor on.

The problem with using another compressor off a different car is going to be the lines, not to mention belt size, depth for mounting and a few other potential problems. The original accord lines won't match up to a different compressor as far as routing and such. Even the lines for the Denso and the Khein are different.

nswst8
07-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Ebay is about your best bet with compressors. I bought a Kihnein for $85 fully rebuit. It was from a compressor shop that listed it with a full warranty.

Especially if your local shop is trying to tell you that there are no more rebuilt kits for the compressor.

Robs89LXi
08-03-2005, 07:08 AM
Okay, looked at ebay, but not sure which one I need. I've got the Nippondenso, but since it's still on the car, I can't make out any numbers on it. Ebay references some numbers on the rebuilt ones, but it does not say if it is the Kehein, or Nippon. Anyone know which ebay one is which?
Thanks again.

nswst8
08-03-2005, 07:25 AM
"Nippon Denso" (10PA15E) for $315.91 is listed at Majestic Honda, but they also list another one that is not numbered that is $321.23. You can call Majestic to find out the difference. 1-800-341-4113

If you go under the car you should be able to get the numbers.

Robs89LXi
08-03-2005, 07:49 AM
Yeah, that 10PA15E seems to be the popular reference number. Thanks.

Robs89LXi
08-24-2005, 05:40 AM
Grrrr... this is realy starting to frustrate me. I cannot tell which compressor I have. Seems there are two types of Nippondenso's; a 10P15E and a 10PA15E.

Majestic Honda lists two part numbers; they told me that p/n 70002 (10PA15E) they no longer sell, but they still carry the 10P15E and that is what I need.

I look on ebay though, and they still seem to identify two different types (see these ads):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-87-88-89-Honda-Accord-A-C-Compressor_W0QQitemZ7994529806QQcategoryZ33543QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/A-C-Compressor-1988-1989-Honda-Accord_W0QQitemZ7994494025QQcategoryZ33543QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone know what they mean by the "four o-rings" vs. single line? Obviously, there is a difference, as the guy in the first ad says he got the wrong one and it will not fit. If you do, please explain in plain English for this A/C ignorant 3Geer.
Thanks.