PDA

View Full Version : starting issue, main relay?

AccordNut
07-23-2005, 06:46 AM
well off and on throughout the years my car will sometimes start then immediately die. then it wont start for a little while but it always starts up eventuially. well today it finally pissed me off, i had to walk back from the store just now b/c it refuses to start again. ive heard this could be the main relay? i hope its an easy fix

Oldblueaccord
07-23-2005, 05:02 PM
well off and on throughout the years my car will sometimes start then immediately die. then it wont start for a little while but it always starts up eventuially. well today it finally pissed me off, i had to walk back from the store just now b/c it refuses to start again. ive heard this could be the main relay? i hope its an easy fix

You can jump pin 5 and 7 ( I think I am at work) and it should start. This bypasses the realy for the time being. It be a quick fix to get you home if its the relay.

The other thing is the key switch goes bad . On mine I got no dash lights when I turned the key to start.

wp

AccordNut
07-24-2005, 03:50 PM
actually upon further inspection i found i had a slightly cracked rotor and it was throwing my timing off to where the car wouldnt crank at all...i did some macgyver stuff and got it to work for now. at least its good enough to drive to autozone....phew!

87_HaTcH
07-24-2005, 07:30 PM
i think there may be something with my relay to, the engine will crank and then not fire and sometimes the rpms jump higher.