PDA

View Full Version : Rear end feels loose?

Mantis88LX
08-11-2002, 06:17 PM
when im driving at at high speeds, anywere from 50mph up when ever i go over bumps in the road my ass end of the car feels bouncy like it wants to bounce out into the other lane. could this be because the rear end is up higher than my front end? (check sig, i got it lowered in front more than back )
and i also think my shocks are shot cuz the rear end is really bouncy and when u push down the make a sound like there shot.
im getting the rear end lowered down soon, hopefully that fixes it, ohh yea my rear end is also lightened, i have the trunk striped,

but it feels like the rear wheels are like wabbling back and worth causing it to feel like it is real loose.

hopefully lowering the rear end down some will help, maybe im getting to much down force on the front and not enough on the rear? maybe i should get a huge 50 pound spoiler to keep ass on ground, lol not really

Jims 86LXI HB
08-11-2002, 06:27 PM
If all the struts are shot, replace them all. If just the rears are shot, and that is possible, just replace the rears. And let me say your on to something. Koni's outperform the other struts with lowering spirings because they can control the stiffer springs. What you have right now is a extreme example of what happens when a strut can't control the spring anymore, it rides bad and it handles bad to.

YK86
08-11-2002, 11:39 PM
I also agree with Jim. That is what I mean when I say lowering a car with blown struts are dangerous. You can totally feel it "float" in turns. I drove around for a couple day with cut stock springs and blown struts and after feeling the floating, immeditely installed new/partly used Monroe's. It rode pretty nice afterwards. Still didn't handle as good as lowering springs and good struts but enough to make it acceptable.

Mantis88LX
08-13-2002, 08:13 AM
alright well my rear shocks are shot, cuz the oil inside of them is all spillt out under neath them, thats is on my To do list after my brakes