PDA

View Full Version : jdm tail lights

modu03
07-23-2005, 03:44 PM
hey, anyone know where i could find some jdm tail lights... i want to make some clear tails and those would be perfect for the project (lenses are removeable)

if anyone has any info, let me know, thanx

lostforawhile
07-23-2005, 04:57 PM
hey, anyone know where i could find some jdm tail lights... i want to make some clear tails and those would be perfect for the project (lenses are removeable)

if anyone has any info, let me know, thanxhere we go again...thats's all right. you can remove the lenses from your old tail lights by removing the electrical stuff from the back, then soaking them in hot water,not boiling,this softens the mastic holding in the lenses. start very carefully pulling up the lens at the corner and work your way down,be very careful to not crack the lens. can someone remember the thread where it goes into doing this in detail?

modu03
07-25-2005, 01:36 AM
here we go again...thats's all right. you can remove the lenses from your old tail lights by removing the electrical stuff from the back, then soaking them in hot water,not boiling,this softens the mastic holding in the lenses. start very carefully pulling up the lens at the corner and work your way down,be very careful to not crack the lens. can someone remember the thread where it goes into doing this in detail?

um... yeah... if you look at the tail lights on a us model accord. the lenses are one piece, there is no cover to take off... this means that you would have to actually make a clear cover to fit in its place. that is a pain in the ass to do, and it would never look right.

the jdm tail lights have a cover that can be removed and the lenses are sepparate pieces that can be removed. then all you have to do is put the cover back on without the lenses. this is why I want jdm tail lights

anybody who knows where i can get these, please let me know

modu03
07-25-2005, 01:45 AM
oh... you have a hatch... yeah, the hatch tails are set up the same way as the jdm tails(clear cover over lenses)... but, the 2dr/4dr models have different tail lights(lenses are one piece molded as the cover)

shepherd79
07-26-2005, 05:31 AM
your best bet to contact someone overseas.

SataniC
07-26-2005, 05:33 AM
i could scout for you here in m'sia....i know some chop shops that still have a JDM taillights laying around....as soon as i get some info i'll holler aite....keep checking...that is if u willing to have it shipped to you...i dun mind....

A20A1
07-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Well I did make a how to on this...

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=42555

I will sell my ligts probably... they are cracked some in the corners :(

A20A1
07-26-2005, 12:43 PM
um... yeah... if you look at the tail lights on a us model accord. the lenses are one piece, there is no cover to take off... this means that you would have to actually make a clear cover to fit in its place. that is a pain in the ass to do, and it would never look right.

the jdm tail lights have a cover that can be removed and the lenses are sepparate pieces that can be removed. then all you have to do is put the cover back on without the lenses. this is why I want jdm tail lights

anybody who knows where i can get these, please let me know

You mean JDM cover on USDM backing and internal plastic light diffusers.

I'll get pics up of how that looks, I gotta recharge my camera first.