PDA

View Full Version : Grounding Problem

a20a3accordlxi
07-24-2005, 10:48 AM
I searched the threads and couldnt find anything plus im not quite sure if this is the right fourm. Anyway i just installed some new gauges in my car and they are really bright in park and in neutral but when i shift it into drive or reverse they dim. They also dim even more when my blinker is on. My dad said this is a grounding problem, and him being a diesel mechanic i tend to believe him. He said i would need to find some wiring schematics so we would be able to trace the grounds and find the problem. Im getting a whole new stereo for my car in a couple of days for my bday and would really like to get this fixed before i install it. Thanks for all your help.

Oldblueaccord
07-25-2005, 07:09 PM
I searched the threads and couldnt find anything plus im not quite sure if this is the right fourm. Anyway i just installed some new gauges in my car and they are really bright in park and in neutral but when i shift it into drive or reverse they dim. They also dim even more when my blinker is on. My dad said this is a grounding problem, and him being a diesel mechanic i tend to believe him. He said i would need to find some wiring schematics so we would be able to trace the grounds and find the problem. Im getting a whole new stereo for my car in a couple of days for my bday and would really like to get this fixed before i install it. Thanks for all your help.

seem to me it be where you grabed the 12 + from more then anything. Good grounds cant hurt but if you have to much on the circuit your using then you would get a voltage drop and see it in the lights.

Also idle maybe a tad low in gear. That would effect how much your alternator charges. Should be about 14volts running.

wp

a20a3accordlxi
08-07-2005, 07:46 AM
my stereo is installed and works fine i think your right tho b/c we just found a hot wire under the dash and used the i think we are gonna re-wire them to the fuse box, which we should of done in the first place. Thanks for your help.