PDA

View Full Version : Speakers and amp in but possible problem?

leonardotmnt
07-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Ok, I finally got my components installed up front and the amp in. When I turned on the car at first the head unit didn't come on and I wasn't sure why. The gain was turned all the way down and when I turned it up a little the hu came on. But later it turned on with the gain all the way down. Is this normal? Also the first time I tried to use a cd when I put it in the cd played but nothing came up on the hu at all. It was blank and no controls worked. When I got home I tried it again and it worked fine. Any clue as to why it would do that? I'm really hoping those were just freak things and everything will be fine but if anyone knows why those things may have happened or has some insight it'd me much appreciated. Sorry guys but one more thing. I have a 4 channel amp but I'm only using the front channels right now. I just hooked up the pos. and neg. from the right front to the pos. and neg. of the right front on the amp and the same for the left front. I don't have to do any series or parallel stuff right? I just wanted to make sure. Thanks a lot

87DXHatch
07-30-2005, 09:11 AM
Uhhhhh, you turned the gain up on the AMP and the HU came on??? That is very weird, and definitely not normal. Sounds like you either have loose wiring on the HU, or incorrect wiring.

As for the amp, yes, just hook up one speaker to one terminal. You don't have to get crazy with it unless you want to ;)

TheWatcher
07-30-2005, 05:08 PM
You are describing intermittent problems, and there seems to be an inconsistency to what you are experiencing. Probably no one can help you just based on what you posted. It would really be helpful to post the make, model, etc. of all the components in your system. Also, did you buy everything new (ebay is NOT new)? Without more information, I don't see how you can expect to solve your problems, short of getting it looked at by a professional car audio shop.

And last but not least RTFM.

Peace.

leonardotmnt
08-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Yes they were off of ebay, but they were new in box, so they were new. Everything works fine now it seems and everything is definitely wired correctly. And yes I read the fucking 2 page manual that came with the Kappa's and the amp. Obviously it didn't help and that's why I came here. But thanks for trying to help anyway.

FyreDaug
08-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Did you install it yourself? Are you sure the wiring is correct? So you have the +12V/ground and remote set properly on the HU? If so, then I might say the deck itself is faulty if it turns on when you change the gain (which is an intermittent problem)