PDA

View Full Version : whats the easiest way to put in rear speakers on my dx?

dj mackee
07-24-2005, 03:00 PM
i took off the rear deck and noticed the speaker holes are right under. for those of you with dx's and put speakers in the rear, how did you go about mounting the speakers?

Sabz5150
07-24-2005, 03:45 PM
i took off the rear deck and noticed the speaker holes are right under. for those of you with dx's and put speakers in the rear, how did you go about mounting the speakers?

Look at the rear deck cardboard/fabric/pressboard/whatever thing. You'll see an outline of where the cutout should be. Now, you can use the grill that comes with the speakers and center that within the outline. You'll have to drill holes to mount the speakers to the deck without the stock mounts but it looks MUCH cleaner that way.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/21000-21999/21859_15_full.jpg

Like so :)

SteveDX89
07-24-2005, 06:35 PM

You don't have the stock covers? The speakers go in there first. Then you drop the whole thing into the hole.

smufguy
07-24-2005, 10:11 PM

u need a deep socket 10mm socket or the ghetto 10mm wrench. take off the three nuts that hold the speaker bracket in. then unclip the speaker wire.

pull the speaker unit from inside the car and use a phillips head to remove the scews that hold the cloth mesh. once its popped off, u will see scew that hold the speaker basket rim to the top plastic base. remove those and out comes the speaker. when u put the new one in, you have to drill new holes into the speaker, unless u get the ones that have predrilled holes (the Lanzar speakers on my 90 accord came with pre drilled matching holes). put back the screws and install it, on thing u may have to do is splice up the speaker wire and put a female spade connector on the bottom and hook it up to the speaker terminals.

note: its not that hard bro. lol

fobia assassin
07-29-2005, 11:33 PM
well if u have a dx. then it depends one what size u want. i have a 4dr dx and i have some 6 1/2's one the outside and one the inside I have some 6x9's. cuz one the dx there are 2 Rectangle holes in the middle. so i had to trim them a lil to get the 6x9's to find. it is loud as hell. 8 Speakers is loud for a 4dr.

smufguy
07-30-2005, 08:11 AM
......... and there is no reason to have 4 sets of speakers (2 pairs) just for the rear. it just distorts the sound. a good rear pair, front pair, a sub and tweaters will be ur best set up.