PDA

View Full Version : stainless steel dual exhaust!!!!

3gmodifier
07-24-2005, 07:13 PM
i just got my new exhaust system put on yesterday. i have been planning to go with dual exhaust for a while but the other day half of my stock exhuast including my cheap little cp racing muffler fell off on the freeway so i was kinda just forced to get it done now. a friend of mine owns his own shop out here in riverside and i help him out alot so when i asked him if he could hook it up with some new mufflers, he said pick what you want. so i ended up getting two brand spanking new twin angle tipped stainless steel mufflers from OTTO RACING PERFORMANCE for $60. so then i drove two blocks down from his shop to my other friends shop. his shop is half smog check ( yes, under the table smog checks) and half truck lifts and custom exhuasts. i ended up getting a complete system from my header all the way to the back and split into dual made from 2 3/4 stainless for $100. it sounds damn good. i get pics soon.

bobafett
07-24-2005, 08:44 PM
holy overkill batman.. .but at least you have a nice stainless exhaust! ;)

post sound clips. ihavent heard 3g with dual exhaust, im kind of leery! :)

smufguy
07-24-2005, 10:00 PM
2.75"s and they are dual exhausts? hmmmmmm <<< thats all i gotta say, hope u like it and not slow. ;)

A20A1
07-24-2005, 10:30 PM
I would have been happy with 1.75" duals from a 2.25 single pipe.

You now have less restriction but low velocity... I don't see 2.75" helping you unless you're reving high or intend to turbo or supercharge.

what size is the inlet for your mufflers... I'd be surprised if you got one with a 2.75 inlet.

Well not only is the system not suited for good low end, it's also adding more weight too.

Get pics up. I'm always happy to check out exhaust systems.

SteveDX89
07-25-2005, 02:45 AM
Biggest does not always mean best.

3gmodifier
07-27-2005, 09:59 PM
i plan to start my turbo project in about two months so i went with the bigger size. and supprisingly, i have an excellent bottom end. i'll post pics as soon as i get my camera back.