PDA

View Full Version : motor blew up wat to drop in it?

stp1_jordo
07-25-2005, 06:09 PM
ok well heres wat happend my oil pan bolt striped when the people at minus muffler were changing the oil and my bolt fell out on my way to the bar and with me not noticing untill the oil light came on and when i had the chance to pull over i lost all power to the car so i left it on the side of the road picked it up the next day took it home and jacked it up the piston came right threw the top of the motor and i took the oil pan off and it waz like a hand full of metal shaveings just 2 days till i waz goin to get a new paint job witch sucks kinda but gives a reason to paint the engin bay... well heres the question im lookin for a motor my accord is a ex-i 2 door 2.0 leter and i want a motor that will bolt up to the tranny and can hook up with no problems

i wanna put a prelude motor in it just will it bolt up like a 96 prelude motor and will i have to get a new computer and hack wires to do this?

and will an integra gsr motor bolt up and such wat evers faster and goes in easy post back if u know wat i can do about this problem

A20A1
07-25-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm assuming you mean 1990 + model honda's... in that case, None of those motors bolt up.

And the A20 motor needs an A20 trans... though there are hybrid trannies I beleive they only change the internals... the external parts are still the A20... so no you can't get those motors above to bolt to the 86-89 accord trans.

You have to custom fab your own mounts.

FyreDaug
07-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Which is alot of work, and no offense, but if I didnt know they wont bolt right up I wouldnt be doing it myself

stp1_jordo
07-25-2005, 06:30 PM
ok well im still in the market for a motor so my best bet is to get a b20a second gen prelude or 3 gen? is there a diffrence in horse power?

A20A1
07-25-2005, 06:34 PM
You want a JDM B20A not a USDM prelude B20A they are different motors.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=86

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=11811

FyreDaug
07-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Your best bet, and possibly the cheapest too would be another a20, maybe build it up a little to factory specs. If the motor is decent the rebuild shouldnt cost you much. They go for about 200 at a wrecker for the motor. Good time to convert to efi if you are carburated. A20 has decent potential

LCBillyB
07-26-2005, 07:26 AM
I agree with Fryedaug. I think A20A with EFI would be great. Maybe you could turbo it one day! I just see dropping in the A20A would be much easier. If you have money tho drop in something cool like H22! wait no! even better... make it a RWD accord!.........ok ok im just kidding. If not A20A go with a B series motor. Personally I would just swap in a A20A and go to the junkyard and find a wrecked SEI and get the parts for EFI and the rear disk brakes.

Ichiban
07-26-2005, 08:25 PM
hi!
i'm a newbie!
i know this is a 3rd gen accord site but i have a lada!
i just need to know what color valve covers would make a detroit 8V92 bolt right in?

ugh...

more and more i'm becoming a fan of stock or at least near stock power.
putting 3g power into a 2g is becoming more and more of a headache....

Ichiban
07-26-2005, 08:33 PM
by the way...
if anyone has some decent drawings of custom motor mounts, i could probably build a bunch for next to nothing. you'd be on your own for the rubber isolators, but the steel part would be easy for me. my problem right now is the driveshaft issue
86 BT-1 ->82 accord hatch

don't get me wrong about the lada comment, i'm just amused by ppl like "noob with h22"