PDA

View Full Version : Help My 3g Went Retarded!!

Bglad420
07-25-2005, 09:18 PM
[/B][B]:uh: OK heres the problem...I must first say I havn't really looked for the prblem yet, it doesn't seem fun...When I put my brake on, my door ajar light comes on and the door dinger starts dinging, as soon as I take my foot off it stops, and the light goes of, SO yeah any Idears?? By the way 89 LXi Hatch, :stupid:

lostforawhile
10-02-2005, 09:31 AM
[/B][B]:uh: OK heres the problem...I must first say I havn't really looked for the prblem yet, it doesn't seem fun...When I put my brake on, my door ajar light comes on and the door dinger starts dinging, as soon as I take my foot off it stops, and the light goes of, SO yeah any Idears?? By the way 89 LXi Hatch, :stupid:check your grounds it sounds like a ground loop somewhere. does the door ajar light come on? it might be some kind of internal problem in the brake warning light sensor or in the status indicator in the dash. oh do you have a brake light out? if it's sending a signal that you have a brake light out,it might be an internal short in that status indicator instead of it showing the brake light out it shows the door adjar. i would almost say it's a bad diode in that module.

1ajs
10-02-2005, 09:49 AM
sounds like some one wired somthing backwards

Blkblurr
10-03-2005, 06:37 AM
Close your door!!! LOL :lol:

Soundy
10-03-2005, 09:51 AM
I dunno, sounds kinda like when I added air horns, tapped a wire off one of the existing horn's ground/trigger wire, and I knocked the power wire off the horn, and every time I stepped on the brake, it would blow the air horns. Reconnecting the power wire to the original horn stopped that real quick. Very strange.

Forgar_88
10-07-2005, 09:09 AM
LMFAO! Brake horns lol I had the same problem Bglad, it turned out to be the computer that controls the sensors on the doors. It was in the kick panel on the driver side. This was with my 87 hatch lxi. The computer just finally gave out, so thats what the shop said they did to fix it.

Micah 89LXi
10-08-2005, 12:41 PM
someone tried to shove the wrong kinda bulb in my brake light and when i stepped on the brakes my whole dash lit up and the brake light stayed on as long as the lights were on..but it sounds like forgar has got it

Soundy
10-08-2005, 09:43 PM
Bahahaha, that's a great one :)

Reminds me of the li'l '83 Chevette beater my buddy picked up recenltly....had the weirdest problem: rear lights worked fine unless you stepped on the brake or hit the right turn signal: doing that would dim the all the brake lights and light up the backup lights... found that pulling some bulbs out from the LEFT lights would let the rest work properly, and while the sockets TESTED fine with a meter, putting any one of those bulbs back in would whack out the whole thing again...

Finally had to pull the whole rear-lighting wiring harness out (from under the car) and pull the loom off all of it to track down the problem: after much mucking about with a voltage meter, I finally found that it had a really ignorant ground system where all the lights on the right side were tied to a ground wire at one point, and that crimp was bad. Cut it out, reconnected all the grounds, and all was good. Farkin' pain in the arse tho.