PDA

View Full Version : How to remove front fender?

VTEC_Inside
07-26-2005, 08:57 AM
Ok, I'm pretty sure I've got the same problem that Doug had here: http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=2752&highlight=fender+removal

In his link he shows the passenger side fender removed. I would like to know what is involved in removing that fender. I've searched here and looked through the manual and found nothing. I assume that the front bumper has to come off, but thats about where I run out of ideas right now. Are there any other hidden bolts? Can anyone point me to a step by step intruction sheet? :)

AccordNut
07-26-2005, 11:05 AM
i just replaced my drivers side fender earlier this year. I would suggest finding someone to help you, although you can still do it by yourself but its gonna take alot longer. Yes the bumper needs to come off as well as the corner light. i know there are 3 bolts on top in the engine compartment, obviously you open the hood for those. i think theres only 1 or 2 down near the bumper area. these 5 are the easiest to get off, now for the 2 hardest ones. you have to open your door and in the hinge of the door up top there is another. This is THE toughest one cause you have such limited space, takes forever but you can do it. Then the last one which isnt as tough but it could be rusted/dirty so you might have to clean it, its on the bottom part near the mud flap. Thats it, and when you put your new fender on have someone line it up and hold in place while you bolt it back on or it could go on crooked. good luck!

VTEC_Inside
07-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Thanks a lot.. I have seen the one up top accessible by opening the door and figured that one would be a pain.

I had the front mud flaps off not too long ago to clean all the crap out of there. Hopefully that ones not too rusted in. I've never had the bumper off before, I think this is gonna be fun.. lol.. Ah the benefits of owning two cars...