PDA

View Full Version : Where Do These Headlight Lenses Come From?

gr3k0sLaV
07-27-2005, 04:59 AM
http://www.89accord.com/accor77.jpg

I'd love to know.

phrenology
07-27-2005, 09:31 AM
http://www.89accord.com/accor77.jpg

I'd love to know.

Try here they have the large and smaller 4 X 6 "projector" head light conversion kits. I ordered a pair of the smaller ones but I waited a week then cancelled the order so I don't have a pair to show. But call and see if they do international orders.

Cheapest Price for Headlight Conversions that I've Seen (http://www.koolglo.com/lighting/html/seal_beam_conversions.html)

Micah 89LXi
07-27-2005, 03:22 PM
haha i remeber that car..isnt that old skool swap?..i loved those eyes..i think hes referring to the eye mask or whatever that is on there..i found some projector housings really cheap a while back...but you should prob get the $50 wiring upgrade kit that i also found looking for them...it comes with relays and stuff..otherwise there no point in projector housings

Micah 89LXi
07-27-2005, 03:35 PM
http://www.sherco-auto.com/headlampconv.htm thats the conversion housing
..okay now i know what i was searching...okay you want to find the hella e code housings..and the wiring upgrade..there is a kit i dont know if hella makes it or not..but it has new harnesses and relays to get what you are supposed to out of those conversion..and i hear that the e code housings are the best..the euro spec ones...not just generic ero style diamond cut conversion..i have those..they look nice..but give like no light..and i have silverstars..so mine should be bright..but if ur getting conversions you gotta upgrade the wiring otherwise you would be better off with sealed beam honestly..our poor litte alternators cant take it

Micah 89LXi
07-27-2005, 03:47 PM
http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-Light~bulbs-Heavy~duty~Harness-no-23754.htm
there is the upgrade kit u need

gr3k0sLaV
07-27-2005, 04:06 PM
I dont think the wiring upgrade is necessary since my car is factory standard H4 headlights, non sealed units or whatever their called.

It appears Mikes headlight in that photo are round.

phrenology
07-27-2005, 04:12 PM
I dont think the wiring upgrade is necessary since my car is factory standard H4 headlights, non sealed units or whatever their called.

It appears Mikes headlight in that photo are round.

Did you look at my link...I'm pretty sure those are just "projector" H4 conversion housings...look at the page they're $59.95 from koolglo plus S&H.

gr3k0sLaV
07-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Did you look at my link...I'm pretty sure those are just "projector" H4 conversion housings...look at the page they're $59.95 from koolglo plus S&H.

Sure did, definately may order a set next week.

We need 7"x6" ?

phrenology
07-27-2005, 06:11 PM
Sure did, definately may order a set next week.

We need 7"x6" ?

Its 2 pairs of 4X6s for 2G Accords, but its one pair 7X6s for the 3G.

gr3k0sLaV
07-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Damn site doesn't take credit cards, and I hate money orders. -- Will firstly see if I can source some locally.

phrenology
07-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Damn site doesn't take credit cards, and I hate money orders. -- Will firstly see if I can source some locally.

Are you sure? I ordered mine like last month through koolglo and they took my credit card. I cancelled the order after about 8 days because I was leaving, the car wasn't ready to go, and I counldn't wait. Maybe they changed their policy. But I went through the checkout menu and I had to use a credit card. :dunno:

I found another site to buy those conversions from but they wanted about $90 for one pair. I think the company that makes them is called Matrix lighting. I think Matrix is an off shoot of APC, which makes total ricer garbage IMO. Ask someone who has them first before laying out too much money for them. IMO those "projectors" look cleaner and more well constructed than those "diamond cut" ones. :cool:

RiCANACCORD
07-28-2005, 05:25 AM
d

gr3k0sLaV
07-28-2005, 06:43 AM
International orders = non credit card.

Anyways I ordered a set locally, $39 AUD

Are you sure? I ordered mine like last month through koolglo and they took my credit card. I cancelled the order after about 8 days because I was leaving, the car wasn't ready to go, and I counldn't wait. Maybe they changed their policy. But I went through the checkout menu and I had to use a credit card. :dunno:

I found another site to buy those conversions from but they wanted about $90 for one pair. I think the company that makes them is called Matrix lighting. I think Matrix is an off shoot of APC, which makes total ricer garbage IMO. Ask someone who has them first before laying out too much money for them. IMO those "projectors" look cleaner and more well constructed than those "diamond cut" ones. :cool:

w00tw00t111
07-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Why do you need a wiring harness if your sticking w/ about the same bulb wattage as stock? Or if your getting these and upgrading to HID can't you just use the igniter and ballast provided there?

gr3k0sLaV
07-28-2005, 04:42 PM
I got myself a set of those Philips globes, my god! I can feel the heat from them for a nearly a metre away.

Micah 89LXi
07-28-2005, 10:15 PM
how was an 88 accord eqipped with factory standard h4's even the supra's and celica's had sealed beams..id like to see pics

gr3k0sLaV
07-29-2005, 04:17 AM
Australia, different regulations.

Only Accords with sealed beams here was the 86 model. Different rules for compliance here in australia, alot stricter than the US.

Forgar_88
08-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Those look like eyeballs! Kinda cool...