PDA

View Full Version : Some Very Scary Photos! 56k's Beware!

gr3k0sLaV
07-27-2005, 05:23 AM
Photo's from about 2 months ago. When I started sanding, panel beating, etc.

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~cmwmjt83/DSCF0061.JPG

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~cmwmjt83/DSCF0015.JPG

I havent taken any photo's during the work. But I promise two fresh and new ones tomorrow night.

gr3k0sLaV
07-27-2005, 05:27 AM
http://users.netconnect.com.au/~cmwmjt83/DSCF0013.JPG

SteveDX89
07-27-2005, 08:27 AM
Please resize your photos next time you post.

Project looks good. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Vanilla Sky
07-27-2005, 08:46 AM
wow, i thought you sold the 3gee

gr3k0sLaV
07-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Nah still got it. It's been practically off the road for 2 years, firstly due to dead auto (fixed now) and other issues. Got it back on the road, re-registered it, then took it off the road again for another 3 months to respray.

Respray is done, rear end if back on, interior is a fracking mess, door mouldings aren't done yet. Front end is mostly on, aside from the bumper, bonnet mounts are fracked though, need new ones, and to make matters worse snapped a bonnet mount bolt going into the chassis lastnight. I'm pretty mcuh at the end of my tether, i'm going to dump the car at a mates work (panel shop) and get them to properly re-align the front end, its just crooked and I dont have the time to get it right.

I'm thinking about ditching the bonnet latch and putting in hood pins.

lostforawhile
07-28-2005, 07:34 PM
mine has been there and will be there again soon, almost done just need to finish the body work. are you going to fix the rear filler panel with bondo? that's how mine was and i media blasted it and found it was swiss cheese. I fixed it by welding up one pinhole at a time. then i ground it down to the proper shape. I would rather have metal. i have a little filler on mine but i try to make it as thin as i can. my wife and I are doing all the body work. it's all hammer and dolly and welding. i've used an electric dent puller on a lot of it to pull the metal back out. it welds itself to the panel,you pull the dent and twist it off. it just leaves a very small bit of weld. I'm glad to see some ongoiing body work, you don't see a lot of it on here. It's got to get ugly before it gets beautiful. i'm at the ugly stage now. if you click on my site there are some body pics. I'll keep watching this post.

kaltenacht
07-29-2005, 03:26 PM
Hey! The rear filler panel looks like mine! Mine is all rusted out and I've been wanting to fix it along with some other spots on the body, but I'm afraid of what Im going to find if i dig deep into that panel :-( O well though, its got to get done, I figure I might as well do it when i shave the emblems off...

Oh ya and what the hell is up with rust and these old accords?

lostforawhile
07-29-2005, 03:36 PM
dashes to dashes rust to rust :lol: the only rust i've found is in the rain gutters,the trim panel under the lights which wasn't original to my car,and a little bit where someone didn't fix some collision damage right. not bad for an 86 car.

Acidbath88accordlx
08-04-2005, 06:47 PM
I think they all get cancer in those places, Mines in the middle of Chemo now but it keeps relapsing oh well

lostforawhile
08-05-2005, 03:46 AM
go to www.eastwood.com and click on rust prevention, they have some of the best products in the world. this is a really good company to get involved with in any restoration.