PDA

View Full Version : Remove rear defrost from window

FyreDaug
07-28-2005, 12:37 PM
I only have 2 lines on my defrost that work, and I never really use it anyways. I want to get rid of it entirely, but how do I remove it from the window? I want it all gone before I put the tint on if possible. Otherwise I guess fixing it and paying money is the only way...

smufguy
07-28-2005, 01:18 PM
I only have 2 lines on my defrost that work, and I never really use it anyways. I want to get rid of it entirely, but how do I remove it from the window? I want it all gone before I put the tint on if possible. Otherwise I guess fixing it and paying money is the only way...

Its the same case with my rear window when i peeled off the damn tint from the glass. The thing is, you cannot remove the copper wires from the glass, its etched into it and its almost part of the glass. U can rip the outer layer of the wires, but the most of the lines are still in the glass. So i would just say to be practical, either keep the existing window or replace it with a new one when u tint it. or better yet, tint the new good glass and put it on ur car.

FyreDaug
07-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Yeah but getting new glass (without the lines) would involve getting custom plexi or something. Or an expensive replacement glass. I dont want to deal with takign glass in an out because its a pain in the ass and its expensive to pay someone.

What about those defrost fixing things? Its basically conductive glue you put on the broken segments. Would it be worth looking into? Its gonna be dark dark 5% tint to go with the flat black paint

shepherd79
07-29-2005, 04:28 AM
i would try to fix it before it replace it. what do you have to loose.