PDA

View Full Version : water leak in passenger side when a/c is turned on?

Drache713
07-29-2005, 07:52 AM
When I turn my a/c onto fresh sometimes, water or some other type of liquid leaks out from under the dash on the passenger side and gets the carpet wet. Anybody know what this is or how to fix it? Is it a clogged hose or something?

POS carb
07-29-2005, 10:11 AM
sounds like the drain hose on the evaporator is clogged up and I really don't know if that can be cleaned out without removing it and cleaning it out. Try shooting come compressed air through the drain hose under the car

nswst8
07-29-2005, 12:46 PM
It can be clean with careful cleaning, I did mine. Just remove the air blower unit and the you can clean that side of the evap with a vaccum. And then if you have compressed air reverse blow the evap drain line as said above.

b8er
07-29-2005, 02:48 PM
would this cloged hose hurt the cooling of the a/c?

POS carb
07-29-2005, 04:02 PM
no it'll just smell like crap when you turn it on

Oldblueaccord
07-29-2005, 04:49 PM
It can be clean with careful cleaning, I did mine. Just remove the air blower unit and the you can clean that side of the evap with a vaccum. And then if you have compressed air reverse blow the evap drain line as said above.

Is it hard to take that box down and clean?? It seems like it be a bear. Mines leaking good this week.

I usually get by with blowing out the rubber tube that goes out thru the floor and using a ziptie to push up thru the opening in the box itself but this time I think it needs a full cleaning.

I notcie on my AC that it will be really cold for a while and then not so for a few minutes so Im hoping there water in there messing it up. I know there was yesterday cuz I got a shoe full of it on a hard turn.

wp

POS carb
07-29-2005, 05:47 PM
to remove it you take out the glove box and you disconnect the a/c lines from the other side (engine) then you remove the 10 mm bolts that hold it up (# or 4) and it fits a little tight betweren the blower adn heater bbut it'll come out. Then you'll need to recharge the a/c system and replace the receiver/dryer bottle.
You should try and look into disassembling the box still installed, it's held together with little pressure clips and maybe 1 screw, I don't remember right now.

nswst8
07-29-2005, 07:37 PM
It's not difficult, just time consumming and yes the evap cover box can be open with care and cleaned so you won't have to discharge the system.

There is a evap cleaner on the market that cleans out the evap without opening the box, I've never tried it but it is available.