PDA

View Full Version : distributor/rotor problem

AccordNut
07-30-2005, 02:45 PM
ok, i replaced my dizzy about 4-5 months ago. got a new cap/rotor as well. recently i noticed my rotor is cracked so it doesnt spin with the dizzy and thats why my car wouldnt start. so i buy a new rotor today and go to put it on, but it loosely went on. i know its supposed to have some force to it, but i could take it on/off with no problem. I started the car anyway to see what happens (b/c i NEED to have it running) and sure enough it started just fine. but when i shut it off and try to start again it doesnt start. Im thinking there is something wrong with the dizzy and how it holds the rotor, anyone else know?

Ace
07-30-2005, 03:08 PM
dude is the metal stud were the rotor goes on loose if case you're dizzy is shot pick up a new one I just had this problem I had a rough idle for a month and then it just stalled out

AccordNut
07-30-2005, 03:18 PM
nah its not loose, but i heard theres a locking pin involved somewhere? im not sure but this is frustrating...id love to buy a new dizzy but they are insanely too much

A20A1
07-30-2005, 04:11 PM
the locking pin is like the key on the cam gear and crank pully, cept it's much smaller.

AccordNut
07-30-2005, 04:30 PM
the locking pin is like the key on the cam gear and crank pully, cept it's much smaller.

what does it look like? i wonder if this is my problem...