PDA

View Full Version : new ideas for turn signal

lostforawhile
07-30-2005, 03:17 PM
i've seen plenty of clear turn signals,but has anyone tried this yet? http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2050000-2050999/2050019_116_full.jpg i remember the grate look was big on lights in the 80's,nissan went overboard with the pulsar. they used to sell kits to give your lights this effect. it's just an aluminum grill with slots that mounts between the light lens and the bulb housing. it appears stock orange when off. I kept my orange lenses because it's an 80's car and big orange lights were in then.

A20A1
07-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Nice :)

Everything I think I see, looks like an 80's car to me.

w00tw00t111
07-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Hahaha Pulsar what a great car. :rofl: Oh well I think I'll keep my stock ones. Unless I could convert HID fog lights to work hmmmmmmm Wait is that even legal or do they have to be yellowish?

spanky
07-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Hahaha Pulsar what a great car. :rofl: Oh well I think I'll keep my stock ones. Unless I could convert HID fog lights to work hmmmmmmm Wait is that even legal or do they have to be yellowish?

that would be a great idea. to put fog lights where turn signals are. i think it would be leagal.i know i wouldn't like to be in front of someone who does it, but im gonna try it.

w00tw00t111
07-30-2005, 05:11 PM
that would be a great idea. to put fog lights where turn signals are. i think it would be leagal.i know i wouldn't like to be in front of someone who does it, but im gonna try it.
I think it would be neat too. Could you just cross the wiring to the fogger's from the turn signals? After checking voltages and stuff?

lostforawhile
07-30-2005, 05:19 PM
those aren't fog lights they make the turn signal look different,like the clears do, do you know how hard it is to take a picture of a turnsignals? now? no, now?no,now?no :lol: if you were to put fog lights there you would need to run a relay, also i don't know if that would pull enough current to keep the lights blinking

w00tw00t111
07-30-2005, 05:23 PM
hmmm. Gotta think about this one cause I think it would be neat.

lostforawhile
07-30-2005, 05:30 PM
I did my grills on a milling machine, i suppose you could do them with a router or something, they are just an aluminum plate that fits behind the lens,i think you have to have orange lens because the later one's have a lens that is attached to the light, the screws that hold on the lens go through the plate. i would have taken a picture but it's pouring rain. just got that pic in time,it took twenty tries to get a picture of the signal on.

spanky
08-01-2005, 04:30 PM
k, i had a pair of eurolite fog lights lying around my house from my bmw when i had it. so i decided to see if this would work, since i already had my bumper off(fixing car was in a hit & run). i decided to splice my turn signal wires into the fog light wires. i hooked both of them up and put on my hazard lights and it works and it does put out enough to make them work. my were bright as hell. so then i took out the org. turn signals and mounted the fog lights into it.

lostforawhile
08-01-2005, 04:56 PM
k, i had a pair of eurolite fog lights lying around my house from my bmw when i had it. so i decided to see if this would work, since i already had my bumper off(fixing car was in a hit & run). i decided to splice my turn signal wires into the fog light wires. i hooked both of them up and put on my hazard lights and it works and it does put out enough to make them work. my were bright as hell. so then i took out the org. turn signals and mounted the fog lights into it.hmmm,i supose that would depend on what wattage they were, i'ld be scared to screw up anything else in my combination switch. if it's a mustang it smells like horse shit

Forgar_88
08-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Cool back to the 80's man! Get out the Polly Shore tapes and lets party duude! LMFAO

lostforawhile
08-04-2005, 12:13 PM
can you fit a flux capicor in a honda?

w00tw00t111
08-04-2005, 01:12 PM
if it's a mustang it smells like horse shit WTF???

lostforawhile
08-04-2005, 02:33 PM
if it's a mustang it smells like horse shit WTF???his sig said if it ain't import it ain't shit so i replied if it's a mustang it smells like horse shit, don't care much for mustangs, maby a shelby cobra but not a mustang :lol:

w00tw00t111
08-04-2005, 03:31 PM
his sig said if it ain't import it ain't shit so i replied if it's a mustang it smells like horse shit, don't care much for mustangs, maby a shelby cobra but not a mustang :lol:
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Hahah a :uh: I like stangs but strangly I usually don't like the people that drive them. It seems like of all the domestic cars mustang guys are the most arragant.

lostforawhile
08-04-2005, 03:41 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Hahah a :uh: I like stangs but strangly I usually don't like the people that drive them. It seems like of all the domestic cars mustang guys are the most arragant.maby the smell is coming from the driver?haha.

w00tw00t111
08-04-2005, 03:55 PM
yes but of course :)

lostforawhile
08-04-2005, 04:13 PM
yes but of course :)they seem to talk a lot of bull so i figured it came from within. :lol: