PDA

View Full Version : APC Diamond Back Headlamp Conversion

shepherd79
08-12-2002, 11:12 AM
http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=1032
i just have a qustion about the quality of them.
does anyone has them on their cars?
i am still fighting the moisture in my headlights even so it is sealed with silicone everywhere.
plus what i found out is that 2001- 2002 civics has the same rubber plug on their headlights. my roomate has 2002 civic and i was putting Xenon blue ligt bulbs and i was suprised when i saw the rubber plug.
anyway, what is the quality of them.

88lxicoupe
08-12-2002, 11:40 AM
i ordered ones off ebay it took 2 months to get because they sent me the wrong ones!. the blue bulbs were included too.

shepherd79
08-12-2002, 12:03 PM
well how is the quality?
do you have moisture inside of them?
does anyone has the picture of Hella conversion lights?
i don't want to buy no name brand name headlights.
i think APC or Hella should do just right.

guaynabo89
08-12-2002, 02:04 PM
The hella h-4's have a glass front cover thats difused.( looks like stock sealed beams)

The APC's have a plastic front but its clear. Quality wise I think the hella's are better but, you don't get the nice look as with the apc ones.

Sabz5150
08-12-2002, 02:04 PM
I have the APC H4's. I'm quite satisfied with them. They are DOT legal, so you won't have Officer Buster giving you a hard time, but they are plastic. Wouldn't take much to tear 'em up.

They are available at most auto parts stores though, so you won't hvae trouble finding 'em.

-5150 :bandit:

shepherd79
08-12-2002, 05:19 PM
ok so there are two types of Hella conversion.
look on Nopi website. http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dspparts&vL1ID=6&vL2ID=49&vL3ID=180&vL4ID=908&vL5ID=0&vTitle=Lighting%20Headlight%20Sealed%20Beam%20Conv ersi%20HELLA%202%20Square%20Headlight%20Systems

why do they cost diff?
the other thing is what about this companies http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsplevel3&vL1ID=6&vL2ID=49&vTitle=Lighting%20Headlight%20Sealed%20Beam%20Conv ersi
i am talking about IN PRO/CAR WEAR and TSUDO. i never heard of them. who are they?
Anyway, i need to find a good brand name Headlight housing. I don't want those cheapo on ebay. they leak like a rusted bucket.
anyway, any suggestions about headlight housing. which one? i don't care about price. i can afford preatty much anything this days.
thanks

88lxicoupe
08-12-2002, 05:24 PM
im looing at the box mine came in now and all it says is head lamp semi sealed beam with parking lamp H4 bulb changeable model number 7003S-B. i thought they were diamond sumthing?? does ne one know?

shepherd79
08-12-2002, 05:45 PM
does it say the brand name?
Eurolite, Matrix racing or somethinglike that

88lxicoupe
08-12-2002, 06:32 PM
no there is no brand name the lense is actually blue and so is the light bulb

88lxicoupe
08-12-2002, 06:52 PM
similar to these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1850121728

89bumblethumper
08-12-2002, 08:18 PM
These are the ones that i have...they are glass, with plasticy backs...AND the rubber plug so they are water-proof...PLUS...fre lifetime replacements on the H-4 light bulbs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1368778429&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1037835414&indexURL=0&rd=1

2Fast_Fiero
08-12-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by 88lxicoupe
similar to these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1850121728

I'm with one of the guys up there, I want Name Brands, Can anyone refer me to an actual Head Lamp conversion that is true blue or white? without the ebay crap, I want to buy some, but I want to get them from an actual company like Eurolite, Matrix or APC. Something like that, Please Help

88lxicoupe
08-12-2002, 10:12 PM
i doubt u will be able to get the same quaity as that of the new beemers and lexus if thats what ur looking for.

Vanilla Sky
08-13-2002, 12:55 AM
well, since nate stopped selling them, i can't find too many good looking ones anywhere... one think i asked nate about was doin a HID conversion with the H-4 conversion beams... he said he didn't know, but i'd say it's possible, and prolly look cool... nate did however give me the contact for his supplier, so if i hear of enough people wanting them, i may start dealing in car parts

Derick

shepherd79
08-13-2002, 12:21 PM
well the ones i have now i bought from Nate and they suck. they are ok when it is cold outside but when it gets hot, my headlights is like swimming pool.
anyway, so far i have made descovery
APC is a good company but it makes lights out of plustic, well with time they will turn into yellow and it is going to look like shit.
Hella is basicaly stock lights. they are good but they are stock.
Eurolight, i think that is waht i have right now and it is nothing but trobble for me. for other people it can be diff.
Matrix lights look sweet but i think they have that stupid day running light build into them. i am trying to find one without them.
anyway, so far i have found that matrix is the most popular ones out there and i think they should be able to withstand to the moisture.

guaynabo89
08-13-2002, 01:50 PM
I have the Eurolite (Toucan Industries) brand. They come with a driving light in them. Since I got them I sealed the little light and have not had a problem with condensation. Its been raining everyday where I live. I only had a little bit of condensation in the light but, that was cause I parked my car on a hill.

So if you have the eurolite brand it should have a driving light.

DBMaster
08-13-2002, 02:07 PM
midnightmoose.com sells HID conversion kits for a variety of OEM halogen bulbs (including H4's). Couldn't tell you if they are the best price and sure couldn't tell you if the performance would equal that of a system DESIGNED for HID lights, but their system does include the capsules, ballasts, and wiring.

shepherd79
08-13-2002, 05:07 PM
thanks guys. i will look at the website.
and yes i have the Eurolite myself. the problem is that i have sealed it so there is no way moisture could get it. and i still get moisture inside. and it only happens on hot days (humid) but when the temperature drops the moisture starting to go away.

Vanilla Sky
08-13-2002, 07:24 PM
sounds like it could be the fact that you are sealing them up in a moist enviroment...

BTW, how much you want for the ones from nate...? ya, ya may think i'm crazy, but my dad's truck needs new lights (92 hardbody, uses the exact lights out cars do)

Derick

2Fast_Fiero
08-13-2002, 10:29 PM
Since you mention it, I want my headlights to be better then the ones off of BMW's and Mercedes, My honda civic has true HID's on it, and that is the brightest light I have ever seen next to the sun, I can't wait to get these lights, my stock lights allready practicly match BMW and Mercedes, but without the blue glow.

shepherd79
08-14-2002, 04:11 AM
yeah that may the problem. because i sealed them outside and it was hot. i am gonna try to seal them except this time i am gonna do in AC inviroment. i am gonna do it today. i hope it will fix it.

2Fast_Fiero
08-14-2002, 07:33 AM
I've had problem with a lil of that in the tail lights, but whats bad out where I live is gettin the plastick headlights to turn yellow or faded, My Dodge Avenger got all scratched up and faded, my dad's dodge ram's lights turned yellow.

Vanilla Sky
08-14-2002, 06:07 PM
ya... they turn yellow because of the compunds in the plastic... it really sucks that it happens, because you usually have to replac the lense since the plastic has changed color, not just been surface stained

Derick

shepherd79
08-15-2002, 04:37 AM
i think i have seen somewhere you can get glass replacement for plastic lights.

2Fast_Fiero
08-15-2002, 11:08 AM
DUDE!!! if you could find that place please share, I realy want those APC's, but I'm only holding back because they are plastic, I would be forever greatful!

shepherd79
08-15-2002, 04:05 PM
what are we talking about?
update on my headlights, they have been drying for 12 hours than i putt them back together and sealed so it is been 24 hours since i putt silicon stuff all over it. i am gonna let it dry for another 12 hours and i am gonna try to them on.

shepherd79
08-16-2002, 08:31 AM
well, there ar eon my car. and they still have moisture inside of them.
so as soon i get new good set i am gonna take the baseball bat and smash them.
Eurolight brand name sucks.

s0crates82
11-19-2002, 11:53 PM
well... you can clean up the scratches in the plastic lenses.
check out this site.. http://bbs.asog.net

cdscowboy
11-20-2002, 11:54 PM
I have the APC's, and I'm really happy with them. I had problems with them getting moisture in them, however. Due to the hood coming down and stopping above the flip-ups, there's that crack there, so moisture would run right down the hood onto the rubber seal, then work it's way in. I made some clever covers out of some galvanized metal...I'll try to get someone to take a picture at the meet in Portland this weekend. I'm pretty proud of them!! After I put those on, I took off the headlights and dried them out, I used a Kleenex the first time....bad idea!!! The lint from them was all over the place...so I used a rag that didn't have lint and shit on it, and that worked out...then I reinstalled the lights, and I've never had a problem since!! I'll try to get that pic for ya...it's a worthwhile project...