PDA

View Full Version : iron pipe=big water problem

minus1
08-12-2002, 11:56 AM
ok so i notive that my car is leaking water but where i ask myself? well under further investigation i notice that i have a iron pipe under and in front of my air filter, and its shooting out gobs and gobs of water.....so i bought some puty instant steel stuff and i put it on and now im sitting here waiting....do you think its gonna work? if not what else should i try? cause i am not buying that fucking pipe i know its gonna be expensve. i'll be back on later to post what happend.

AZmike
08-12-2002, 12:02 PM
I bet you could get a pretty good deal on that pipe if you went to a pull-it-yourself junkyard. Most of those places have old enough cars that they leave in the engines (at mine they only pull fuel injectors and distributors). I haven't used that metal patch stuff before, but now that's it's on there it won't hurt to try after it's dried.

Post how things turn out.

minus1
08-12-2002, 02:15 PM
well its been over 3 hours now and im driving around my town with no leaking of coolant. that putty steel shit works man, it really astonished me. no more over heating, or what not....anyways its called Steel something and they sell it at advnace auto, and you can really put that stuff on almost anything that u need, after it dries u can sand it and paint it and everything. if ur leaking something putty the son of a bitch up with that stuff.

shepherd79
08-12-2002, 05:52 PM
yeah i tried that stuff on my old muffler and it worked good.
if you want that pipe i have accord in the back yard for parts.
make me an offer