PDA

View Full Version : cruise control stoped working

ACCORD1.8CARB
08-01-2005, 01:17 AM
about 2 weeks ago my cruise control stoped working the fuse is fine the main relay is fine thelight comes on on the lest hand dash switch but when i go 2 set it on wheel it wont show on dash or stay at set speed.. anyone got a clue?

Blkblurr
08-01-2005, 06:10 AM
Could be the switch to engage it is not working. I think that switch contact goes through the slip ring switch in your steering wheel. The slip contact may be worn to the point it doesn't make good contact anymore.

acranox
08-01-2005, 06:16 PM
It's also worth noting that the cruise control won't engage if either the clutch or brake is depressed (or more likely, the switch for the pedal is shorted)
Also, the cruise won't engage at speeds below about 30MPH.

ACCORD1.8CARB
08-01-2005, 09:41 PM
ok i just got my tranny back in and im going 2 cheak that washer inside the steering wheel. i had taken the steering wheel off awhile ago 2 install my speedometer cable. think i might have not got a good contact when i removed it?

ACCORD1.8CARB
08-07-2005, 01:43 PM
ok well no washer was found. it connets by a wire harness. and iv cheacked my clutch and brake settings and there fine. what else could b causeing this?

nswst8
08-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Did you check to see if the rubber button on the clutch pedal is there, they dry rot and come out. thus making the cruise control inoperable. Since you didn't complain about the brake lights being constantly on I suspect the clutch rubber button.

ACCORD1.8CARB
08-07-2005, 04:49 PM
ok wher would that b found? also the brake lamp light stays on does that matter? anyway 2 make it turn off? but the light stayed on even when it worked .hmmm