PDA

View Full Version : pacesetter short shift install

ACCORD1.8CARB
08-02-2005, 02:52 AM
hey hows it going . i just got my pacesetter kit and t states 2 remove exhaust parts and heat shield and may have 2 cut heat shield 2 clear. but on the hanyes repair man it says 2 just remove plate from inside center console and it should lift right out. any thoughts? or anyone done this before that can give me a step by step. thx

mag_pbg
08-02-2005, 10:18 AM
all I can say is good luck with just removing the plate, when I swapped trannys I ended up having to unbolt the heat shield and have someone sit inside the vehicle with a socket while somebody goes under the car and holds the nuts tot he bolts. otherwise when you try and loosen the bolts it just turns the nut with it. And chances are they are going to be stuck on there really really good, on the parts car I got the tranny from I ended up taking a sawza and just cutting the whole center out to get a better angle on the nuts and bolts but sicne you plan on driving this car I wouldn't suggest it lol.

A20A1
08-02-2005, 11:10 AM
I used a long handled wrench to hold one side inside the car and then used the socket from under the car to loosen the other.

ACCORD1.8CARB
08-02-2005, 09:05 PM
shift kit installed.......... yay 4 me but now bad noise ..what i did was just unbolt parts of the heat shield around the exhaust stuff and bend it in. used a prybar 2 move on it by the way dont forget 2 remove all 4 bolts from plate inside car center counsle around stick shift they hold on your shifter and tourqe bar. and bring a friend wit skinny arms 2 fit inside the heat shield and frame where bottom of stick is. release 2 more bolts and drop the shift bar and plz plz pay attention 2 the clip around the ball on your stick shift use needle nose pliers 2 sqeeze togather and lift off.then pull stick stright out walla..oh and pacesetter could have had pics 2 help i spent 3 hours on it. by the way it does make a big diffrence in the range between gears. plz dont cut and weld a stick cause your just shorting the stick not the throw. and yes u will need 2 cut into heat shield it u wanna get max throw outta kit.oh by the way i just put my tranny clutch and plate and axels in and its making a clanking sound when i press the cluth in.. can anyone help? need quick help going back out 2 where car is early in morn. thx {EDIT}: car is all back 2 gather kit installed and running like new i suggest u get this kit it makes the car feel tight...