PDA

View Full Version : B20A2 info?

RCracer
08-12-2002, 02:13 PM
I have decided that I am going to get the B20A that I have just bought reconditioned. 140,000 miles will have taken its toll.
I went to the engine maching shop today and he tells me that I am probably going to have difficulty getting parts for it. I will find out for sure tommorow morning.
From what I have seen so far the cams and followers have some wear and the small ball the followers sit on are all quite loose.
Is there a source of info (details) on these engines? I have the CHILTERN accord/prelude manual and that has a little about the B20 engine just not sure if the info will relate to the B20A I have?
Apparantly the cams run in the head and if the bearing surface is worn the head could be scrap:crying: :crying: I am having that checked soon.
Anyone know of a workshop manual that covers the B20A engine or where I can find the info?

Thanks
Paul

carotman
08-12-2002, 03:01 PM
The Honda OEM Repair manual should cover it pretty well I think.

That's the best source you can check.

The head can always be repaired. Get bigger bearings and it should be fine.. (I'm only guessing here hehe)

Sean
08-12-2002, 03:12 PM
:flame: you need to find a good head work shop that can repair aluminum. the bearign surface can be repaired. it will need to big tig welded and line bored. not that tough to do with the right tools.

A20A1
08-12-2002, 05:30 PM
what cam bearing? I've never seen one before... is it only on b series or does the a20 have one too... cuase all I've got is a cam seal.

RCracer
08-13-2002, 12:12 AM
I cant get the OEM honda Repair manual due to the local honda dealer being more interested in selling cars than helping people fix the ones they have.
Every time I go in to the local honda dealer it is always a last resort as I know that they will make my life as hard as possible :-)
I am going to try another honda dealer later this week that is 20 miles away to see if they are more helpfull and travel to get the bits if I have to.
Got my prices for some of the engine parts.
Pistons (oversize, with rings) £45 ($67.5 us) each
Main bearings £25 ($37.5 us) set
Big ends £20 ($30 us) set
Thrust washers £7 ($10 us)
Gasket set (full) £81 ($121.5)

I have to ring back later to get prices and avalability of top end parts (cams.followers, adjusters etc)

The honda dealers want £140+VAT(17.5%) ($246 us total) for a workshop manual on the B20:rant: :mad: :angry: :mad:
I dont want to pay that much:wtf: :wtf:

smufguy
08-13-2002, 04:51 AM
awwwwwwww that blue smilie dude is soooooooo cute. awwww sorry just had to adimire it. i have no say in this post.