PDA

View Full Version : Opinions

A20A1
08-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Well this is an old situation I care to bring back for those still using the stock fuel pump but want a little more kick.

Before the vacuum line removal I had an Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator installed and it worked wonders below 3,600 rpm and even beyond that if I was lucky enough for it to not lock up.

Why I think it locks up is because fuel delivery must either increase or decrease enough effecting the mechanism inside and casuing it completely or near completely close off fuel flow. The result is a drained fuel bowl and a fuel line on the other end FPR to increase in PSI significantly.

I added the clear view filter as a method of observing the fuel flow on the other end of the FPR.

Years later I installed the FRP again, and it had the same increase in power up untill I reached the point where the reg locked up.

Now what is your opinion on why the fuel reg does this. Which cheap fuel reg of a different design would have the same good effect minus the lockup?

What about the installation. I mean after the fuel reg locks up it seems it would be better to connect the carb between the reg and the pump, but then that would defeat the purpose of the reg, unless perhaps there was a return line involved, but that problably would decrease fuel by splitting it and then you'll have more problems the you started with.

Well it may just be better to buy a new performance pump, but I'm trying to increase options to members, something simple that can be installed and uninstalled if needed.

Click on the image below to see a pic of the last time I used the reg.

FyreDaug
08-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Which fpr were you using?

A20A1
08-02-2005, 09:27 PM
The dial in FPR, By Spectre. The problem also occure when a simmilar dial in FPR was installed on an RX-7.

Click on the thrumbnail image if you want a picture.