PDA

View Full Version : center consule switch? and other.

ACCORD1.8CARB
08-04-2005, 08:46 PM
the is a switch on the center consule and its under the e-brack and 2 the bottom right of stick shift what is it used 4? and there is a slot 2 the left of the steering wheel bout right under tach nxt on the black part what goes there?

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-04-2005, 09:16 PM
The switch by the e-brake is your antenna switch. It is supposed to control extending and retracting the antenna. The slot by the steering wheel is for the sun roof switch.

FyreDaug
08-04-2005, 09:44 PM
And cruise control for the steering wheel one right? Isnt that placed there

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-04-2005, 10:17 PM
He seems to be asking about the switch that is located just below the gauge cluster. Cruise control is further down by the coin tray.

ACCORD1.8CARB
08-05-2005, 11:52 PM
right ok thx. seeing as i have no sunroof nowounder theres now switch there. and does they sell power antennas 4 our cars? i hannt seen any. any idea where 2 get 1?

Blkblurr
08-06-2005, 06:31 AM
Did it come with one originally? I assume it did since you have a switch. I thought only the SEi came with the power antenna. Junkyard is where I would look.

ACCORD1.8CARB
08-06-2005, 02:11 PM
yeah there is no switch where the sunroof is just plate. i just wanted 2 know what went there. im thinking about hooking up foggys 4 that spot. ok i guess it did have a power antenna at sum points cause i hear the motor clicking but this antenna aint a power 1 i guess. so yeah ill try junkyard but i havnt seen any sei's there yet. iv been looking for a sei steering wheel. u know the 1 wit the radio controls on it. but so they dont make a oem power antenna anywhere i can buy ? or an aftermarket?

leia
08-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Um yours WAS power at some point and probably still is.

It clicks when it is at the maximum position (down or up). So that would make me think motor is still good....maybe its just jammed up or something.

ACCORD1.8CARB
08-06-2005, 07:29 PM
well its broken and kinda bent. and my brother had it for 8 years and never had power when it worked. i think it was replaced before he got it.prolly sumone who got another accord and wanted power? makes u think.. but which year would have 1 for sure?

leia
08-06-2005, 07:53 PM
well its broken and kinda bent. and my brother had it for 8 years and never had power when it worked. i think it was replaced before he got it.prolly sumone who got another accord and wanted power? makes u think.. but which year would have 1 for sure?

Well if its BENT, no wonder it won't move. It is one outter sleeve, which is maybe a foot and a half long, then a thinner solid piece which slides in and out. Because of the outter one, unlike typical power antenas, it will not go down completely.

If the antena is bent, then the bend is making it unable to move.
All 3rd gen Accords (except apparently some rare JDM ones w/ antena built into rear window) have the same antena. It is no weird special feature, its standard.

If yours clicks when you flip the switch, the wiring and motor both work.
I haven't actually disasembled anything in mine, but you MIGHT be able to straighten it out and get it working, maybe a little lube too. Or else grab a new antena at a junkyard, but it sounds like your power components work, and it is a mechanical hangup.

ACCORD1.8CARB
08-06-2005, 08:37 PM
k thx yeah imma go pick another 1 up 2marrow and make sure it looks like its 1. always like junkyards u end up leaving wit more then u came for and pay for..