PDA

View Full Version : Hatch - a - roku ??

bluboomlxi
08-04-2005, 08:49 PM
I know that's spelled wrong, it's supposed to be,

Some of my friends have become seriously obsessed with Initial D, and of course I have an 86 hatchback accord. I keep getting threats that they are going to paint it white with black bumpers and put the tofu logo in it. Dangit, it's an eighty six, not an 8 - 6 !! I do love the game though, but I'll never try to copy one of those cars, it's bad enough when people put the dang type - r emblems on something that isn't , let alone try to pass my car off as a trueno.

bobafett
08-04-2005, 09:24 PM
+1 kudos for bluboom!
:)

good job, for resisting the JDM power...

Cheeseburger
08-04-2005, 09:30 PM
mmm tofu lol...

bluboomlxi
08-04-2005, 09:40 PM
I just noticed too, my longevity rating is way off, I joined 3geez when I believe there were only 14 members, I think it was back in 2000 or before, that sucks, oh well, it's not a popularity game like deviant art lol

lostforawhile
08-05-2005, 04:16 AM
I know that's spelled wrong, it's supposed to be,

Some of my friends have become seriously obsessed with Initial D, and of course I have an 86 hatchback accord. I keep getting threats that they are going to paint it white with black bumpers and put the tofu logo in it. Dangit, it's an eighty six, not an 8 - 6 !! I do love the game though, but I'll never try to copy one of those cars, it's bad enough when people put the dang type - r emblems on something that isn't , let alone try to pass my car off as a trueno.mine is white with black bumpers already from the factory. i modified one of the tureno models to look just like an 86 accord.

bobafett
08-05-2005, 06:01 AM
I just noticed too, my longevity rating is way off, I joined 3geez when I believe there were only 14 members, I think it was back in 2000 or before, that sucks, oh well, it's not a popularity game like deviant art lol

haha, yeah i joined in the days of the ez-board as well, when the car wasn't mine, but it was my dads, and i was hoping to "inherit" it... and sure enough, he gave it to me when i graduated lol. :)

so do you care to indulge me in what your too many to list mods are? a seasoned 3g member could have some great stuff going on! :)

88accordhb
08-05-2005, 08:05 AM
i'd paint my car hot pink, that's just me tho.

bluboomlxi
08-05-2005, 12:22 PM
I have wanted to do that so many times, I may still make amodel from a trueno!

bluboomlxi
08-05-2005, 12:26 PM
haha, yeah i joined in the days of the ez-board as well, when the car wasn't mine, but it was my dads, and i was hoping to "inherit" it... and sure enough, he gave it to me when i graduated lol. :)

so do you care to indulge me in what your too many to list mods are? a seasoned 3g member could have some great stuff going on! :)

I have some pictures up in the accord pics section, with a list of alot of the mods on it as well, I believe the thread is titled "My '86 hatch"., and it is on the second page as of now... check it out !

Blue Impact
08-05-2005, 03:20 PM
i'd paint my car hot pink, that's just me tho.

We know, we know. We also know you would put on your schoolgirl outside driving your hot pink 3G. :D

maxoutracer
08-05-2005, 04:05 PM
if you like the game so much, might as well pick up a ae86 corolla gts... cheap these day!

gp02a0083
08-05-2005, 04:21 PM
may be cheap but to find one in good condition is rare , a father of a former friend of mine bought his new from the factory thing has about 180k on the engine and 2nd clutch all thats wrong is the sunroof wont shut right and theres a hole in the inner rear wheel well

bluboomlxi
08-05-2005, 05:21 PM
My friends and I have looked around my area, I have only seen one AE86 hatch around, it was blue, and the guy laughed when my friend asked if he would sell it, I have 2 friends that got RX7's, one friend just got her prelude with 4 wheel steering, and I go and buy a 2001 honda accord 4 door, I was the one that got everybody into imports , now they think I sold out...lol.

I am still debating the future of my 3G, I really can't afford to do much, but I can't bear to part with it, I drove it toay and got so psyched up about the power it has, I love that car.

lostforawhile
08-05-2005, 05:23 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2050000-2050999/2050019_40_full.jpg i redid the taillights and things to make it look like a three g. i need to repaint it a solid color and make it like i want my paint.

3G Jester
08-05-2005, 05:27 PM
the rear windows are still a little long and some of the body doesnt match...but yeah....its still VERY close to a 3g....close enough to wear i would still rep a toyota in honda clothing ;)
what are your mods?

88accordhb
08-05-2005, 06:09 PM
We know, we know. We also know you would put on your schoolgirl outside driving your hot pink 3G. :D
dude, one time, i put on my ex gf's cheerleader uniform and took a pic. it was great.

bluboomlxi
08-05-2005, 09:05 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2050000-2050999/2050019_40_full.jpg i redid the taillights and things to make it look like a three g. i need to repaint it a solid color and make it like i want my paint.

DUDE !! I have 3 of those hotwheels, I keep one on my desk at work to play with while I'm on the phones taking car rental reservations lol

lostforawhile
08-05-2005, 09:05 PM
the rear windows are still a little long and some of the body doesnt match...but yeah....its still VERY close to a 3g....close enough to wear i would still rep a toyota in honda clothing ;)
what are your mods?
just click on my car domain site, there is also a link to the listing in there but the pics are at car domain,link is in my sig.

lostforawhile
08-05-2005, 09:08 PM
dude, one time, i put on my ex gf's cheerleader uniform and took a pic. it was great.
:dunno: did you take it off her first?

88accordhb
08-06-2005, 09:24 AM
:dunno: did you take it off her first?
how the hell how could i get it? haha

DarknessRS
08-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Remember Nissan > Toyota! Haha I'm obviously biased though.

Seriously though, the Corolla hatch and the Accord hatch do look very similar. Same with the 2nd generation Integra compared to the Japanese S13 Silvia. Honda sure liked to borrow looks back then. Remember: imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

As for the longevity gauge, I got mine changed a while back (low post count is like a giant magnet for n00b threats)

DarknessRS
08-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Oh yea if you really want a monster Corolla that would perform like that TRD 20v from the anime , you could always swap in an F20C S2000 engine.

http://darknessrs.tripod.com/motor.txt
Techno Toy Tuning (www.technotoytuning.com) Corolla (Before the paint and stickers and stuff that you saw on the mag) swap by Evolution Motorsports (www.em-racing.com)

http://www.importracermag.com/images/covers/IR1104.jpg
Nov. 2004 Issue (www.importracermag.com)

My old thread about this F20C powered Corolla (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=36689&page=1&pp=20)