PDA

View Full Version : Taking up carpet/seats/etc...

87DXHatch
08-12-2002, 04:12 PM
I am going to be installing some high quality (read: Stinger) wiring products in my accord. I was wondering how many on here had actually taken the time to take up carpet and seats to wire it in right the first time.

Can anyone post what tools I will need and any tips or a how to? Pictures would be a plus but unnecessary. Please don't give me amp wiring tips because I have installed more than one amp into my friends cars...

(It's an 87 Hatchback if you didn't read my name :P:D)

shepherd79
08-12-2002, 06:14 PM
i didn't took my carpet out. i ran the power wire on the passenger side, and RCA cables on driver side.
and all i had to do is to remove the plastic on the door floor. you know what i mean.

87DXHatch
08-12-2002, 06:27 PM
Ohhhhh, then could you lift up the sides of the carpet? I think that would make things about a million times easier...

My friends Saturn had to be the easiest to wire though, because the "plastic door floor" extended down and over the side and you could just tuck wires up into that... it was really easy and turned out really nice, too...

87DXHatch
08-12-2002, 11:12 PM
Is there any chance somebody with a factory manual could scan up the pics that show where all the screws are that hold down seats/carpet/etc. in a Hatchback? Aren't there a set of pics that show pretty much the entire interior dissasembled?

Thanks
:flash:

HostileJava
08-17-2002, 08:21 AM
You really don't need to take up the whole carpet, just take out the four screws in the sides rails and pull up the plastic underneath that. There is more than enough room to run 4 gauge wire back there.

87DXHatch
08-17-2002, 02:25 PM
Can someone give me some advice on where to run 0-guage wire? I am getting a 0-guage kit that will distribution block off into 3-4guage wires in the trunk and I need to know if there is enough room on the passengers side to run the wire.

doug
08-17-2002, 02:42 PM
I don't know how far you've gone to do the job but take a look at this,
http://87accord.com/sound.html
since your mission is sound related. I think you'll find if you can deaden the sound that is trying to get into the interior of your car, you'll have much better sound in your car overall. Hope this helps, I know it should.

TeKKnoTeKK
08-17-2002, 03:08 PM
damn you really went all out didn't you, great job. Where did you get those rear seats, they look tight, and do you have matching front seats like those? Or are they just seat covers?

doug
08-17-2002, 03:38 PM
the rear seat backs, and bottoms for that matter are all original, the car is in that good of shape. the fronts are the same pattern, but worn. the fronts are going to be recovered soon. I'll post some more shots when I do the new carpet tomorrow.