PDA

View Full Version : nothing special pics... just the accord

bobafett
08-06-2005, 07:16 PM
just washed the car and took a few pics. i reaaaaaaly do need to lower it more and get some 15-16" wheels lol... u can sort of see my brakes thru the steelie. EBC sport drilled rotors. im loving them...

http://www.dept25.com/cars/accord/images/IMG_0259.jpg
http://www.dept25.com/cars/accord/images/IMG_0258.jpg
http://www.dept25.com/cars/accord/images/IMG_0253.jpg
http://www.dept25.com/cars/accord/images/IMG_0256.jpg

thats all for now. nothing too exciting

88accordhb
08-06-2005, 07:24 PM
muahahha i see your plate. nothing special at all. hehe but if you get the feeling that i do after i wash mine and go cruzing, it's just a differnet kinda special you can't explain.

895spdforfree
08-06-2005, 07:25 PM
thats tight i like ur hatch. I have a question, i just bought a cold air for a 90-93 accord and i dont know if urs is but i was woundering how you routed it by the battery/ where it goes from there etc. And how much work it was cause i want to make it a true cold air (its short ram right now) thanks :)

bobafett
08-06-2005, 07:30 PM
yeah you like those plates dont you ct! ;)

that CAI is from a 94-97 accord, the only modification i had to make was to cut out about 5" from the very last peice, the filter would have been sitting in the ground lol... so you just cut it off so you can fit it inside the bumper, and your good to go.

also that is 2.75" tubing, so i had to open up the hole in the sheet metal that the stock resonator tube went thru. i used a dremel and pliers... its pretty much a hack job, i want to take all the shit off and put a nice rubber moulding around the hole to protect the CAI, and make it look nicer. (also paint the god forsaken thing black so i dont have that clashing red..)

other than that i just cut off the left side of the battery tray, so the pipes could fit through... the battery is pushed as far forward and to the right as it can go, and it is a snug fit, but its in the tray still.. and im using the OEM tie down. but the left side tie down is hooked to the hole for the CAI...

i may do a write up eventually. because im gonna go thru and make a website dedicated to the accord, so i may have some how-to's lol...

895spdforfree
08-06-2005, 07:46 PM
damn dude thanks for tellin me, one more question and problably the gayest one today. How do you take off the black box (resonator?) out of there u have to take off the uhh wheel well plastic cover thing right? or is there an easier way sorry im retarded

bobafett
08-06-2005, 07:48 PM
honestly i dont remember when i did that. i had removed most of my stock intake system a long long time ago when i just had short ram intake. but i know i never took off the fender lining. i probably pulled it out when i had the front bumper off... i may have done that peice sooner, (which would mean i did it with the bumper on) but i honestly dont recall. i do remember it being one of the last peices to go though. so i probably removed it right before the CAI install...

895spdforfree
08-06-2005, 10:46 PM
alright thanks man. The only possible way i see of gettin rid of that shit is to take of the plastic lining or the bumper but im so lazy. I tried to take off the lining but theres so many plastic screws and their imposible to take off. Would anything happen if i just rip it out of there and never put it back? somethin would happen huh like too much dirt accumilating there or somethin i dont know

bobafett
08-06-2005, 10:55 PM
well u will have to take off the front bumper to get a CAI in.. so i would recommend just leaving it in until that point... its only a few minutes to take off the bumper, adn then i think u can just wrangle that plastic peice out... but there is no harm in just destroying it to get it out... since i assume its not connected to anything anymore since u have short ram intake

88accordalltheway
08-06-2005, 11:02 PM
looks good. I had a question....i see alot of people using splitloom to cover wires in the engine....where are you guys getting the good stuff?? cause ive used some before, and its so thin that it gets brittle after about 6 months because of the engine heat. I see some factory splitloom on other cars, and its super think(so it wont break). just wonderin....

bobafett
08-06-2005, 11:04 PM
that split look is the cheapie auto parts store stuff. but has been in there 3 years and is holding up just fine.. except the one on my valve cover ground, it has melted. oh well. i am gonna replace all my grounds eventually, and not even bother with the gay stock one...

im probably gonna ditch most of the loom and bright vac lines here real soon. start removing vacum lines and eliminate all the emissions crap i can get away with

895spdforfree
08-06-2005, 11:07 PM
thanks for the pointers.. ima take off my bumper when i do it next weekend just to get it over with. I cut it in the perfect spot (the cold air intake) so i can run a short ram when it rains ( cali weather sucks sometimes) well thanks again

bobafett
08-06-2005, 11:09 PM
another solution would be a bypass filter... a little foam ring that u put on your intake pipe that wont allow water to be sucked all the way into your motor... it will suck up to the filter and then drain out...

they are sort of spendy $60 ish i think?? but honestly i live in washington, ive had CAI for a year or so ,and i have had no problems/. although i do avoid puddles, and if i have to go in a puddle that is as deep as my bumper i will idle thru it. so i dont pick up any water :) has worked for me

895spdforfree
08-06-2005, 11:16 PM
yea ive seen that doesnt aem make it or something? yeah that would be a good idea cause cali rain is always crazy, on and off. I wouldnt wanna be switching back and forth every other day. thanks man i really apreciate the help this sites the shit :) im about to go to sleep l8r

bobafett
08-07-2005, 09:48 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-Cold-Air-Intake-2-75-Bypass-Valve-20-402S_W0QQitemZ7991088803QQcategoryZ38634QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

they have them in all sizes though..