PDA

View Full Version : clutch pedal travel

spanky
08-06-2005, 11:36 PM
ok, first i'll giv you some info on my car it's an 88 lx-i that started off as an auto. my neighbor a year or so ago swapped it to 5spd. he kept the same clutch in the tranny that he got from the junkyard (clutched looked new). So recently i bought the car off them(my neighbor) and im use to driving mazdas,bmw,saabs,other imports.On all of those cars the clutch would grab around half way to letting my foot off the clutch.with the accord it catches just as im about to let go of the pedal.is there anyway i can addjust the pedals so that it catches half way released

jigga225
08-07-2005, 09:29 AM
yeah u sure can, look under your hood on the left side, you should see the clutch cable with a black knob with a stopper you can turn with your hand, that is the clutch adjustable bolt. I believe its made of plastic.

Oldblueaccord
08-11-2005, 01:42 AM
ok, first i'll giv you some info on my car it's an 88 lx-i that started off as an auto. my neighbor a year or so ago swapped it to 5spd. he kept the same clutch in the tranny that he got from the junkyard (clutched looked new). So recently i bought the car off them(my neighbor) and im use to driving mazdas,bmw,saabs,other imports.On all of those cars the clutch would grab around half way to letting my foot off the clutch.with the accord it catches just as im about to let go of the pedal.is there anyway i can addjust the pedals so that it catches half way released

it catches right off the floor. you can try adjusting it but if the clutch disc is good it should catch right off the floor. I cant think of anyway that would be easy to change it except changing to a hydraulic setup which IMHO is a much better system. Our cars didnt come that way but most Honda's did go figure.

wp

EricW
08-11-2005, 05:21 AM
Make sure that you clutch cable has a little less than a quater inch of free play when you adjust it and that should make it feel a little better.