PDA

View Full Version : Ram air setup

Mantis88LX
08-12-2002, 04:55 PM
well my little ram air setup is finished, it basicly just feeds more colder air into the intake stream,

I used some flexable rubber hose and hooked it up to the heater hose spot on the air box, i removed the little door thing and all that, so air is always flowing from there,

I ran the flexable hose down beside the battery and thru the round hole down to were the bottom fog light area is,

i hooked a funnel to the end so more air is feed into the hose, and its is facing so the air from the car moving is forced into the tube then flows up into the air box and is sucked into the carb

havent driven it yet to try it out but im sure it will help a little,

total cost = $0

found the hose and funnel in my closet, l;)

A20A1
08-12-2002, 05:11 PM
man the heater hose spot is too small... why not run the ram air directly to the original intkae opening?

A20A1
08-12-2002, 05:15 PM
hmm I had a funny idea... since the hot air door diaphragm is controlled by vacuum. you could hook the door to manifold vacuum... this way when you are not pressing the car vacuum will be high and the door will close off the main intake port where you should have the ram air connected to.

then when you stomp the gas the vacuum level drops to "0" and the door closes to let the ramed air in.

you still have to make the opening of the hot air hose larger... but then the door size might have to be bigger which makes it a big hasstle.

Mantis88LX
08-12-2002, 05:43 PM
kool, my hot air hose door is all bent up and shit, so i cant use it anymore lol

i need more ideas on how to get more air into the carb

shepherd79
08-12-2002, 05:59 PM
the only way i see is to make a pipe going in the fenter.
don't we have somekind box in the fender?
remove that and just run pipe down into the fender.
i would try to use the stock tipe may be two of them together, i am gonna try on my car.

staticpat
08-13-2002, 11:26 AM
does that mean you dont need the stock hose now?

Mantis88LX
08-13-2002, 12:32 PM
i still have plans but my friend Hondamanlxi is getting a parts car so i can probably get some intake parts off it if he lets me