PDA

View Full Version : durable headlamp upgrades

buster133
08-07-2005, 12:52 PM
I am looking to find a durable headlamp upgrade for my Freightliner school bus. I thought I'd ask you guys because I used to own a 3rd gen Accord, and I always found answers to my questions on this board, and since the 3rd gen accord and my bus use the same size headlamps, I know you will be able to help me out here. I am looking for better light output and a cleaner look, but I don't know whether to just throw a pair of silverstars on the bus or get a set of diamondbacks with brighter bulbs. My concern is which setup will last longer. I have a set of silverstars on my 02 Accord and the only last about 6-8 months before burning out. With a bus there is a lot of vibration just from idling and then when you figure in bumpy roads and the fact that I always have to drive with the lights on, I am looking for something that will last a while, so what would be a good option for better lighting?
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/buster133/DSCN1020.jpg

2old_honda
08-07-2005, 06:48 PM
get real HID's that would be kinda cool on a bus

bobafett
08-07-2005, 06:59 PM
lol i like the hood!

sorry i dont know what would be lasting the longest... but glass lenses are probably going to be better than plastic, at least as far as light output and possibly breakage. i know i had a pair with glass lenses, but they were cracked when i inherited them, so i dont know what caused the crack.

Blkblurr
08-08-2005, 05:43 AM
I have sealed beam Silverstars on my 89 Accord and they have lasted for nearly two years now. I used the Silverstar bulbs on other cars and they only last a few months. I think the sealed beam ones last much longer.