PDA

View Full Version : Gotta poll for ya'll

Shaggsbud
08-07-2005, 06:47 PM
I used to work for a Honda dealership and the parts guy there had a pretty nice civic that he had set up for street X. I showed him my car and he made the suggestion for an H22 drop, so i checked it out and the motor alone wouldn't cost me much, but I know that the ecu, harness, fuel lines and all those other mods that would be needed would be what threw in the extra cost. I told another friend of mine about said h22 swap and he suggested, and I might have this mixed up, a b16 block and a b18 head? Quick poll on which one I should pursue, once I get the money for it that is...

bobafett
08-07-2005, 06:57 PM
seeing as how your carbed, u will first need EFI swap, which means fuel lines, new sensors, ECU (not needed if your swap directly to B), new gas tank, etc...

even if u can get the motor for a couple grand, u will have to fab up mounts and get custom shifter linkage and axles. it would probably cost another 2k after having motor tranny and ecu.

and your friend was probably referring to b18 block (from ls integra) and b16 head. its called an LS/VTEC swap. they are common, and have nice high compression from what i hear, so its a dangerout forced induction setup. i would reccomend a B swap over an H swap, just for the ease of it...

but overall since nobody makes a kit for us to have a swap, all the shit is gonna have to be custom made... so it is not as easy as it used to be. :( we have some really good info in the FAQ section, u should check it out

Shaggsbud
08-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Heh, I might be able to find some connections/do some of the work while I'm in college seeing as how I'll be going to an automotive college (Ironically I'm starting with getting my diesel tech diploma).

bobafett
08-07-2005, 07:53 PM
well. your gonna have to fab some shit up either way... if u can get an h22 for dirt cheap, and ur confident in your friends and connections, its certainly a more powerful motor to start with. if your planning on building it too ,then i would go with the B, cause it will be cheaper to make big power. :)

88accordhb
08-07-2005, 08:02 PM
geez, just spend the 6-7 grand on some nice shoes....yahhhh shooeeess.

Shaggsbud
08-07-2005, 08:03 PM
I was leaning toward the b swap in the first place just cause of the fact that the h22 is huge to start and any mods for building it would be a tight fit if any at all, and my friend said that the ls/vtec swap ends up at over 200hp? is that true? Anyway I'll let the poll run and who knows maybe you guys can sway me to do the rare-er of the two swaps...I'd love to make a sleeper...

Shaggsbud
08-07-2005, 08:05 PM
geez, just spend the 6-7 grand on some nice shoes....yahhhh shooeeess.

Those shoes better allow me to travel far distances at high speed and come with a warranty :lol:

bobafett
08-07-2005, 08:06 PM
a bseries accord is just as much of a sleeper as an hseries accord.

a built a20 willl do as well. dont expect 200 hp unless you are boosting or juicing... maybe built NA u could get 200 hp, but that would require headword and higher CR :)

basically a 3g that can run 15seconds or less i would consider a sleeper

Shaggsbud
08-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Heh, heres something for ya...leaving my motor as is and maybe replacing the carb, then supercharging it...if possible...Its really a low mile motor for an 89...126k miles (laugh or not, it would be funny to see when you open the hood)

bobafett
08-07-2005, 08:26 PM
k have fun! ;0)

Shaggsbud
08-07-2005, 08:28 PM
lol, I would have fun...until I fold a piston up into a little metal ball :P

88accordhb
08-08-2005, 03:32 PM
k have fun! ;0)
sarcastic bastard....

unfortunately i have to agree with this bastard. you're a bit crazy with your h and b series ideas. not tryin to be a party pooper, it's gonna be a long journey to do these swap, an adventure!

with the supercharged carb thing. wow, now youre just goin into uncharted territories. i can see sc carb with the good old american v8's, but come on an sohc a20 motor? LAUGH!

Shaggsbud
08-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Well, you gotta make what you do an adventure...once college is all said and done, I should be able to pull it off..

halxi
08-08-2005, 04:13 PM
i vote ls/vtec with a build motor. Dont just swap in the stock thing with maybe a CAI and exhaust... must have more! lol

or you could always rebuild your motor, efi swap, and boost it... just an idea