PDA

View Full Version : Strange squeak in my front passenger wheel well

Blkblurr
08-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Recently I've noticed a squeak or creak in my suspension on the passenger side front wheel. When I put the brakes on I hear the squeak. As soon as the car stops rolling and the front end raises back up (from braking) I hear a similar sound. I cannot reproduce the sound if I bounce the car up and down on any wheel. I took the wheel off to inspect the suspension and steering and found nothing obvious. The car has had new springs and shocks on the front about a yr ago. New front wheel bearings two months ago, new rotors and pads and I've had all the ball joints apart and they look good. Any ideas or has this happened to anyone that fixed it?

operator
08-08-2005, 10:11 AM
If it is the same sound i am thinking about, it could be the upper control arm bushings. They require lub. on them and if they are dry they will rub on the metal washer which will sound like a rusty bed springs when going over bumps etc.

Oldblueaccord
08-08-2005, 10:17 AM
If it is the same sound i am thinking about, it could be the upper control arm bushings. They require lub. on them and if they are dry they will rub on the metal washer which will sound like a rusty bed springs when going over bumps etc.

I agree spray some wd40 around there and see if it goes away.

Either ball joint could do it to since you cant grease them they may have gotten dry.

wp

Blkblurr
08-08-2005, 11:27 AM
I'll try the WD40 Thanks

DBMaster
08-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Mine was making funny noises from there, too. I gave up after trying numerous things - inlcuding spraying some Super Lube on the bushings. I ended up taking it to my mechanic and he replaced the upper control arm (not very pricey at all) No problem now. With a car this age, though, it is not too unheard of to have a few creaks and squeaks from original bushings.

Blkblurr
08-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Mine was making funny noises from there, too. I gave up after trying numerous things - inlcuding spraying some Super Lube on the bushings. I ended up taking it to my mechanic and he replaced the upper control arm (not very pricey at all) No problem now. With a car this age, though, it is not too unheard of to have a few creaks and squeaks from original bushings.

yea I expect it but still don't like it. My SE-i is quiet except for that noise. Thanks

DanG86LX
08-08-2005, 07:22 PM
If none of the above, check the plastic trim, it may be lose, at least it was on my car from repeatedly shaving the curbs.. 1/16" play was enough for strange screeching..

operator
08-09-2005, 04:51 AM
If that is the problem then the best way to fix it is take it off the car and try to remove the long bolt from the arm and put some grease on the bushing and the washer.