PDA

View Full Version : Its still doing it

Slipknotcraig133
08-08-2005, 12:35 PM
I put the other head i have on and its still doing the same thing. I had got a cam from delta and they sent me the wrong one and it tweaked all of my valves so i got the right cam and put my other head on. Before when it went down the motor would turn over and it was a fast turn over but a bad turn over like there was no compression so i started looking and my valves were bent. So i got a new head gasket, cleaned my pistons, and cleaned the head and put it all together. Then i put it back in time and it when it turns over it does the same thing. The valves are ajusted, its in time, firing order is right, and everything is hooked up. When it turns over it sounds like it doesnt have any compression at all. Any ideas ill try.

Slipknotcraig133
08-08-2005, 12:59 PM
K found the problem. Im not getting fuel to the rail. All of my fuses are good. How do i check the fuel pump.

shepherd79
08-08-2005, 04:20 PM
when you turn the key, you should hear the fuel pump and relay click.
if you don't hear anything, replace the fuel relay or you can resolder it.

Slipknotcraig133
08-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Isnt it by my fuse box

mag_pbg
08-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Yes, it is to the left (sitting in drivers seat) and towards the fron of the car, it's a real pain to get off without removing the fuse box.

Slipknotcraig133
08-08-2005, 05:28 PM
http://oem.thepartsbin.com/parts/thepartsbin/viewImage.jsp?image=img.thepartsbin.com/live/P202059955OEA.JPG is that the right one.

Oldblueaccord
08-08-2005, 11:36 PM
I put the other head i have on and its still doing the same thing. I had got a cam from delta and they sent me the wrong one and it tweaked all of my valves so i got the right cam and put my other head on. Before when it went down the motor would turn over and it was a fast turn over but a bad turn over like there was no compression so i started looking and my valves were bent. So i got a new head gasket, cleaned my pistons, and cleaned the head and put it all together. Then i put it back in time and it when it turns over it does the same thing. The valves are ajusted, its in time, firing order is right, and everything is hooked up. When it turns over it sounds like it doesnt have any compression at all. Any ideas ill try.

I would try a compression test see if you really have compression.

wp

Slipknotcraig133
08-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Just got the new relay and its still doing it

88Accord-DX
08-12-2005, 05:43 PM
A good way I check if fuel is getting to the fuel rail, is take one of bolts loose on one of the ends of the fuel rail , crank it over & fuel comes out, you got fuel reaching the injectors.. Did you torque the head bolts in sequence & see if you got spark to the plugs? Last but not least, compression test the cylinders. You say it is in time, but something don't seem right either there with it.

Slipknotcraig133
08-12-2005, 10:27 PM
I figured it out. I know the guy that did my handles real well and i think he was messing with me because i found 2 grounds disconnected.

88Accord-DX
08-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Wasting our time and yours. My kind of thread. :rolleyes: