PDA

View Full Version : front fog lamps wiring ?

P|eszczoH
08-09-2005, 12:21 AM
Hi there,
I was searching for this, but it seems to me that You always put new wires thru a car when installing fog lamps.

I'm doing this right now too, but I see that there are two wires for the side in the bumper that are not plugged. I wonder if it is a wiring for fog lamps.
(some wires go to the blinker, some to the side marker, and these two are there dead, no Voltage when turning every lights in the car.)

One wire is red , and the onther is green. ( just like my bro in law head in his 4gen - everything there just put the fog lamps and the switch )

My question is, what do You think , is it a stock fog lamp wiring ?
Do you know where the stock front fog lamp switch was?(in the dash)

I know that between front seats there where antena, headlight washer, and seat heating.
in the dash from the left i've got rear fog lamp, then empty (US have cruise control) then roof, and mirrors, then ive got pop up head light, brightnig of the dash and rear window heating.

so i really dont know where to look for this one.

EDIT : S*** ; It shoul be in technical not here, Please one of the Mod take it there, thanks in advance.

lostforawhile
08-09-2005, 12:42 AM
i'm not sure on that, it would be easy to just wire in new wiring for the fog lamps instead of tracing it out. there are a lot of dead circuits in these cars. :lol: where did you get your "H"? that must be the euro one

P|eszczoH
08-09-2005, 12:59 AM
i'm not sure on that, it would be easy to just wire in new wiring for the fog lamps instead of tracing it out. there are a lot of dead circuits in these cars. :lol: where did you get your "H"? that must be the euro one

maybe it is easier, but it would be nice to have it stock :-)
"H" like Honda ? I live in Poland, bought my car last year in Germany.
and yes it is the Euro - Aerodeck :-) actually two of them :-)

kennyaccordlxi
08-09-2005, 01:13 AM
on my 87 hb it has some foglight wiring already installed, and a foglight switch that has a round amber light. it was just plug and play when I hooked up the foglights they were wired into the headlights. Whenever I flipped on the bright lights the foglights would go out (it was wired that way) . I don`t know if all the 3geez have a pre-wired foglight harness but mind did. If you have a pre-wired foglight harness, the foglight switch is located on the dash left hand side of steering wheel. you can located the wires by just feeling along under the bumper starting at the cutouts under the headlights and blinkers they`re tucked pretty far up there. I hope this helps

P|eszczoH
08-09-2005, 01:22 AM
i have the fog lights switch there but it operates with the rear fog light - euro accord.
I have checked if there is a Voltage on the wires that i have found just after the bumper, but No, there is not.

You say that this switch operates both the front, and rears fog lights ?
so when I turn on the rear foggys the front foggys dont light up,
so maybe when i put the high beam than rer fog lamps go down (this i know for sure-turn on rear fog lamps put the high beam in front and fogs are down!!) and the front should light up ????

lostforawhile
08-09-2005, 03:36 AM
the rear fog lamps are designed to be on whenever there is bad weather to prevent a rear end collision, over here they are starting to catch on. if you click on my car domain site, i've got some i made for my car. that's interesting that the factory fog lamps switch like that,i built a system to do the same thing.when i was talking about your h i meant the x rated avator you've got on here :lol: I've never talked to anyone from poland on here before, i knew a lot of poles growing up in northeast Ohio. there are more -skis there then in Colarado during the winter