PDA

View Full Version : amplifier won't turn off

dj mackee
08-09-2005, 12:39 PM
i just finished installing my alpine type s 12" subs and amplifier and it sounds great. but thats besides the point that my amp won't turn off when i take out my key. i think it has to do with the remote turn on cable. where is it supposed to be connected? i forgot where i connected it too but i think it was the yellow wire on the wiring harness. help pleasee

FyreDaug
08-09-2005, 02:54 PM
The wire that turns your amp on is the remote, it should either be connected to a remote (+5 or +12V output) from the amp or to whatever the hell your head unit is connected to for a remote. I used the wiper fuse for mine when I had it wired like that before, just wrap the wire around one end of the fuse and plug the fuse back in, hide the wires. Best/quickest way to do it if your head unit doesnt have a remote out (or if you are using factory HU?)

dj mackee
08-09-2005, 04:06 PM
nevermind i figured it out

88accordalltheway
08-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Just for future refrence, and for those who search, the usual wire for the amp turn on is the blue wire coming from the radio, not the blue w/ white stripe(this is for the cars that have a motorized antenna that the RADIO controls, not like our cars because we have a switch that is down by the e-brake). If one was to hook the amp up to this blue w/ white striped wire, your amp would only turn on when you were on the fm or am radio function of ones deck. If all else fails and you cant find a wire that is blue, you could tap into the acc wire(accessory) which is the RED wire. This wire turns the radio on when the key is turned(and off when the key is taken out), so you could possibly use this to turn on both your amp and radio. It definatly isnt the best way, nor the recommended, but it is possible.