PDA

View Full Version : hmm power steering pump dying?

HaShfIeNd
08-09-2005, 01:19 PM
hmm well i think my powersteering pump might be dying. i am not sure.. but this weekend i am going to try and find out for sure. i think thats what it is.. it seems to be ticking quite loudly in that general area, but as i drive it a bit and warm it up the ticking gets much more quiet and i cant hear it as much. but just curious. think that sounds like a PS pump dying? lol..

can a p.s pump tick when its about to die?

cubert
08-09-2005, 04:02 PM
youre sure its the PS pump? maybe from under the valve cover? alternator?

HaShfIeNd
08-10-2005, 03:58 AM
youre sure its the PS pump? maybe from under the valve cover? alternator?

the alternator is also another guess, i am pretty sure its not coming from under the valve cover.. when i first heard it from inside the cab i checked the oil and stuff immediately.. but everything seemed fine... i guess on thurs. when i have some time off i am going to take off the belt to the PS pump and see if i can track down the noise better.

cubert
08-10-2005, 05:32 AM
when my lalternator went it started with clicking/clunking that i thought was coming from the PS pump area...but it go worse and worse and finally looked again and realized it was the alternator. Left it on there til it seized :lol: try using a screwdriver as a stethescope trick...

AZmike
08-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Remove the PS belt to isolate the source of the noise. It just takes a minute. I doubt it's your pump.

HaShfIeNd
08-12-2005, 08:57 PM
well LOL now that i actually freaken looked in the daytime i realized what it was.. apparently there are some bolts missing on my exaughst manifold causing it to leak.. looks like there was only one bolt on one side for a while and that one finally fell off and now thats causing a leak hence the ticking noise when i accelerate.. anyways.. i am missing the spacer and the bolt.. where can i get maybe a new stud set and bolts? should i just look online or go to autozone etc.. suggestions?

Blkblurr
08-13-2005, 05:09 AM
Majestic Honda

AZmike
08-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Or pocket a few at the local pick-a-part.