PDA

View Full Version : gear shift boot

lostforawhile
08-10-2005, 03:47 PM
http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/images/imagecache/10026005.gif what do you guys think? it's an exact fit on top of the gear shift opening. the width will cover the flat part perfectly, and the length will just cover the opening. I'm not sure about the screw holes you could work with them. they're cheap too. it matches the style of the original too. here's the link http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/showCustom-0/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2003116/c-10101/Nty-1/p-2003116/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10101/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=shift boot plate

88Accord-DX
08-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Break out the ol' tape and see if the bolt holes line up to 6-3/8" x 5-1/4".
That is the dimension from what I see.

lostforawhile
08-10-2005, 04:59 PM
i already did. i figured i could put a couple of dummy bolts in the holes drilled in it, and put a couple more on the sides that would work. maby some nice stainless hex heads or hex button heads. there are ways to use the original as well. i thought it would be a nice dress up item.

88Accord-DX
08-10-2005, 05:07 PM
What is wrong with the original boot? Shit, I'm taking some Armorall to mine. But anyhow, seems like you know what to do if it's not a perfect fit. Just put a drill to it & punch a few holes. Just make sure you plug the holes (original) under the boot if they end up there.

lostforawhile
08-10-2005, 05:10 PM
What is wrong with the original boot? Shit, I'm taking some Armorall to mine. But anyhow, seems like you know what to do if it's not a perfect fit. Just put a drill to it & punch a few holes. Just make sure you plug the holes (original) under the boot if they end up there.well mine was torn really bad,being twenty years old and all. it looks nice and it's cheap. i figured the trim ring would look nice,you could mount it on top of the console or under it.

crazykamper
07-07-2006, 05:17 PM
sorry to bring back from dead, but did u ever get this boot? and if so how did it work out???

lostforawhile
07-07-2006, 05:29 PM
never got that far too many mechanical things to fix in the meantime

A18A
07-07-2006, 07:10 PM
the top doesnt look like it would fit unless you put a civic knob on it :S

lostforawhile
07-08-2006, 02:49 PM
the top doesnt look like it would fit unless you put a civic knob on it :Sremember I have the old Accord prototype test mule knob that my friend that was in R and D got for me years ago. I had that knob years before I ever got the car. LOL

Cheeseburger
07-08-2006, 02:50 PM
remember I have the old Accord prototype test mule knob that my friend that was in R and D got for me years ago. I had that knob years before I ever got the car. LOL

lol

crazykamper
07-08-2006, 08:31 PM
i was gonna do like a wanna be type r knob on ebay... and then just a boot. nuthing special, just something different. if anybody has done a boot, let us all know!

mkymonkey
07-08-2006, 08:40 PM
dude...there is a guy here that made a thread about him making them for us if you email him. if you guys really need boots just let me know..i see them in perfect condition at jy's all the time. didnt think people actually wanted them. and if you look on ebay...there's this store that sells real skunk2 shift knobs for $24 or something like that. i know i was going to buy one but...money is tight :(

Sabz5150
07-08-2006, 09:27 PM
i was gonna do like a wanna be type r knob on ebay... and then just a boot. nuthing special, just something different. if anybody has done a boot, let us all know!

Excuse the messiness of my car...

http://www.enginevoodoo.com/images/dts/dts4.jpg

Junkyard snag from an Audi.

crazykamper
07-09-2006, 01:19 PM
yo monkey, when u go to jy, bring mesure tape and see what other cars boots fit ours.... ones that DONT attach to the knob, cause thats what i want....

^sabz, very nice. looks nice and tidy, but im not into the oldschool style boots, sorry. other than that, it looks nice. likin ur "hideaway radar" (if thats what it is. lol) but on the other hand, what audi is that off of???

Busted_Blue
07-12-2006, 10:15 AM
yo monkey, when u go to jy, bring mesure tape and see what other cars boots fit ours.... ones that DONT attach to the knob, cause thats what i want....

^sabz, very nice. looks nice and tidy, but im not into the oldschool style boots, sorry. other than that, it looks nice. likin ur "hideaway radar" (if thats what it is. lol) but on the other hand, what audi is that off of???
eg civic boots fit our cars. You just have to use the stock accord bracket for the boot and take off the civic leather boot and wrapp it over it.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/20050722/IMG_6377Small.jpg

crazykamper
07-12-2006, 12:00 PM
SWEET!! thank so much!! thats exactly what i wanted to know!! thanks!!!!

crazykamper
07-12-2006, 12:22 PM
now if only i could figure out what kinda boot fit. (hint hint) anybody know?

Busted_Blue
07-13-2006, 01:12 AM
now if only i could figure out what kinda boot fit. (hint hint) anybody know?

what do you mean what kinda boot?

crazykamper
07-13-2006, 09:48 PM
well, wait a min, does the 3 geez ebrake handle have a place where u can screw in a knob? like normal cars? lol. or is it just the pull over case (its been a while scince i took it all apart. i was thinking of getting an ebrake boot, and a ebrake handle to go along with the shift boot/knob...

mkymonkey
07-13-2006, 09:54 PM
there is no ebrake boot...look at it.