PDA

View Full Version : Movie Night Mini-meet

phrenology
08-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Alright Bay Area Geez. Real short notice for movie night meet up:

Hey Geez,

Wanna go to a movie tonight? I got free passes to a sneak preview of that horror flick "The Skeleton Key" Its at the AMC 1000 at Van Ness showing at 7:30. Busted Blue and Mr. Eff had to work. I have 3 extra free passes but its first come first serve. Bring some girlies. PM me before 7:00pm tonight or just show up around 7:15...I'll be the short kid in the green hoodie and black hat but I ain't waitin' around long.

Laterz,
-Phrenology

phrenology
08-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Bump Bump

phrenology
08-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Anybody around tonight???

phrenology
08-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Ladies...Gents, anyone...alright??? DOH :uh:

phrenology
08-11-2005, 09:08 PM
This thread can be tossed in the Off-Topic zone if the mods please.

Well I just got back from that screening. The sound design was good for a horror flick (that's always the first thing I critique...) even though it jumped up very roughly at least 10-15dB during the climax scenes.

The cinematography was real good (mostly shot on location in New Orleans) editing was pretty spot on. The story was good with a nice twist, but IMO suffered a little from the Scooby-Doo factor... :eek: The art direction was good and spooky. Kate Hudson ain't too shabby to look at neither. Overall it was alright I'll give it a C+... because it wasn't that scary (more cheesey scares IMO) but it was PG-13...go see and tell me what you think. :ugh:

Cheeseburger
08-11-2005, 09:14 PM
thats cool man, so what did u do with the extra tickets, u should have slang them lol..i would lol do u get tickets alot cuz if u do then get ur ass down here and hook it up

phrenology
08-11-2005, 09:37 PM
thats cool man, so what did u do with the extra tickets, u should have slang them lol..i would lol do u get tickets alot cuz if u do then get ur ass down here and hook it up

Naw the sneak screening wasn't even half full. I looked for some fly ladies to give tickets to outside the theater but it was too windy and no one was out front. San Francisco movie goers are almost as rude as FL people (cell phones aside). Everyone had tacos, subs, cotton candy, some pretty obvious "outside" food and I sware this couple in the back was roasting a pig...I could smell it 5 rows down :lol:

I've worked in a theater before and its not a lot of fun. As a projectionist you have to run up and down the hall setting and threading each projector for the show times. That's why they stagger film start times cause there will only be like 2 projectionists for an entire 20 theater complex! I did meet Woody Harrelson at the theater during the film festival. He came up stairs with his manager and was like "Whoa...I've never been in the projection booth before!!!" I was a bit puzzled...then he asked to use the bathroom, and I think he went to smoke a doobie. :bong:But that was fun and he's a real cool bloke, that Woody.

Cheeseburger
08-11-2005, 09:48 PM
wow thats cool man, ya i had a friend that worked in a theater he was a projectionist, he told me that he had to run too lol